Daniel defense fixed iron vs Magpul gen2 flip sights

Carey1465

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   1
Reaction score
Just received the Daniel defense fixed iron sights for my new Daniel defense M4A1 and the guy at the gun store said I need to send these back and order a set of magpul gen2 flip sights. Just worried that the magpul are made out of polymer and will break easier than the iron sights. I thought about getting the Troy flip sights.

Any suggestions??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If your running an A2 front post you should definatly go with the DD . Magpuls are ok for back up but I'm sure it would be real easy to knock them right off while deployed as would anything that folds up.

Someone much wiser than me told me: fixed sights for a red dot optic, folding sights only to fit under a magnified optic.
I have both the Pro and the polymer Magpul sets and a couple of the Troy and DD fixed rear. I haven't had a failure with any but I've never run through a class or serious range session using the polymer by themselves. They're called 'back-up' sights for a reason and that's how I use them.

I ordered a set of the Troy MEDIUM FLIP SIGHTS. Does anyone have a pic of them on their rifle? I'm worried they'll be to high and thinking I should've ordered the micro set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a set of the Troy MEDIUM FLIP SIGHTS. Does anyone have a pic of them on their rifle? I'm worried they'll be to high and thinking I should've ordered the micro set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The micro set sits to low to the gun. You have to tilt your head an odd way to see through them. Here is one of mine with standard size flip ups (not Troy but similar)

20160706_194820.jpg
20160706_194833.jpg

I went with the DDA1.5 because it seemed like the most robust rear sight available at the time. It's essentially a carry handle sight without the handle. I would be comfortable dropping the gun right on the sights on a concrete driveway on a DD rear and fixed front. Those Magpuls always seemed a little delicate for my taste.

Back
Top Bottom