• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dashboard Camera

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
For a long time, I, like a lot of you, have ,while driving, seen something that made me think or say "boy, I wish I had a camera for that".

Recently, I had an experience that convinced me I need to follow through with this expression and get a camera.

I was on a 4 lane in town road, 2 lanes in each direction. There was a pack of 40 or so bicycles completely filling one lane, which is completely illegal. We have a school of thought among certain of our bicyclists that they have the right to "possess" (their term) the lane "if necessary." This was a smooth open road, so there was no exigent matter that required them to ignore the law and ride more than 2 abreast.

I move into the left hand lane to pass this mob, staying well below the speed limit. Ahead is an intersection, and as we approach the intersection (200 yds or so) the leaders of the pack start to move into my lane, then the rest of the mob start holding up their hands in the "stop" manner, and signaling for a left turn into my lane. I have to slow down to keep from running over the fools cutting in front of me, but I do not yield to the crowd still in the right hand lane, who begin yelling at me, and some beat on my vehicle.

I did not feel physically threatened - what I felt threatened by was realizing that if I bumped one of the idiots and he fell from his bike and landed under my 5000 lb. vehicle, he was likely to get hurt, and there were 40 some eyewitnesses who would swear it was my fault. I made the resolution that I wasn't going to put up this BS any longer and I am going to get a dashboard camera.

Based on personal experience, what is the recommendation for a good reliable camera, that takes really good pictures. Cheap is o.k., but not my main concern -ease of use and really sharp pictures are my priority.

Thanks in advance.

I will always rock one. People are insane. Mine is a Rexing and can download directly to you let phone.

I think I got it on Amazon. Cheap insurance. Great clarity and many settings. 1080p. It may have been 100$

Attachments

• IMG_9567.jpeg
    IMG_9567.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 9
If you get some good footage of any cyclist getting run over and crushed please post it.👍🏻 Always up for a good laugh.
If I had had a camera that day, I would have some film for you.

Eat up with the dumazz. I don't care what you think your "rights" are, you have to be a
mental defective to be on a bicycle and cut in front of 2 1/2 ton vehicle going 30 mph. I truly think that some of these fools want to be martyrs for the cause.

If I had had a camera that day, I would have some film for you.

Eat up with the dumazz. I don't care what you think your "rights" are, you have to be a
mental defective to be on a bicycle and cut in front of 2 1/2 ton vehicle going 30 mph. I truly think that some of these fools want to be martyrs for the cause.
After sitting at the Lumpkin/Hancock intersection while billing orders 1 day, i watched 2 local idiots run the red light significantly - 4 or 5 seconds - after it turned red. The third one of the hour caused a wreck, then jumped out and yelled at the driver he pulled in front of swearing he ‘had da green’. I ordered a camera the next day.

Athens drivers are idiots.

I have several
Sadly I only bought them AFTER I got into an accident that was someone else fault but I got teh ticket

The Garmin dashcam is by far the most user friendly one

It’s super easy to Bluetooth the video from the dashcam to your phone ,

All the other dash cams I’ve seen require you to remove the mini SD card and use a laptop to download the video.
Not very useful when you’re sitting at the scene waiting for the police to come write the report

And the Garmin has voice activated features .
You can talk to it and tell it to “save video “

Get the one with the rear camera too

If you don t have a dash cam yet , in every vehicle you own ,
GET ONE !

When some bozo runs a red light and causes an accident and then swears to the cop you’re the one that ran the light ,
Your dashcam video already downloaded to your phone to show the officer , is gonna be worth a lot lot of money .

Especially if someone gets injured in the accident .

The Garmin mount I have is also on a swivel
When you have an occasion to want to video something out the side window , like a traffic stop , it’s easy to turn it to video that .

I have a friend that runs two dash cams
One is GPS enabled to record the speed , and records audio .
So you can prove you were not speeding and prove you used your turn signal because you can hear it clicking .

He has another with those features turned off .

Back
Top Bottom