• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dawgs turn in another lackluster start

I was wrong!!! I thought that after that poor performance, against an unranked team, they would loose their spot....guess their "clout" is keeping them on top of the pile

I'm not a UGA fan by any stretch of the imagination, but being back to back champs and on a 32 game win streak isn't really "clout". It's the real deal. They should remain #1 till someone beats them and that's just facts.

I was wrong!!! I thought that after that poor performance, against an unranked team, they would loose their spot....guess their "clout" is keeping them on top of the pile
It's the same for any team at #1, not just UGA. If you're #1 and keep winning, you'll remain where you are. The committee would have a hard time dropping them, below another team.

I'm not a UGA fan by any stretch of the imagination, but being back to back champs and on a 32 game win streak isn't really "clout". It's the real deal. They should remain #1 till someone beats them and that's just facts.
Agreed. I’m a Buckeye so I don’t really care but if not Ga, who gets #1? Just give it to a team that usually loses a lot but they’re great this year? Or, OSU? Michigan?

Yeah…. No. UGA needs to LOSE the number 1 spot. Nobody has done anything to take it from them yet. But a non- SEC National Champ won’t surprise me this year… nor would another Dawg championship.

when the computer takes over, and due to strength of schedule, there may be a different outcome....what we're going to have happen is an Alabama & Georgia SEC tournament, with two teams that played week schedules....I don't know where that leads...BUT there are going to be folks, as usual, complaining....so, to make this work....Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship....then, both will be in the BCS, with 1 loss....I guess that's when we'll see....I do not see a two loss team getting in....

when the computer takes over, and due to strength of schedule, there may be a different outcome....what we're going to have happen is an Alabama & Georgia SEC tournament, with two teams that played week schedules....I don't know where that leads...BUT there are going to be folks, as usual, complaining....so, to make this work....Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC championship....then, both will be in the BCS, with 1 loss....I guess that's when we'll see....I do not see a two loss team getting in....
If my memory is correct, the committee already looks at strength of schedule of a teams opponent, plus their strength of schedule. How much that factors into their ranking, I don't know.

When we get to 12 teams, I doubt things will be more even. Maybe a 2 or 3 loss team can get in and win the national championship....? We'll see.

How was everyone feeling last year after game 5? Dawgs sputtered against Kent St 39-22 and then turned around and darn near lost to Missouri on the road. Neither of those teams finished with a winning record.
Who remembers after any game? Usually feeling really good, ‘til you pass out. Then the next day’s hangover.
’Nothin’ finer in the land…’

Back
Top Bottom