• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DBAL (or any IR laser device) help!

SGT AE Houk

Default rank <1000 posts
Knight's Armament Elitist
99   0
Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to post this!

Just bought my first NV IR device to go with my PVS7s, a DBAL i2!

However, I'm a little confused at how to zero the IR (and visible) on this thing. I constantly see reports of the two theories of zeroing, parallel and converging zero. Parallel meaning that it's offset, but parallel to the bore, and converging where the laser is pointing to where the optic was zeroed. Is there a preferred method for all you Dbal / PEQ cats out there? I know my PVSs are really only clear as day for about 50-75m or so. So should I just do converging?

What do all of you guys do?

Thanks for the info!

I like the constant offset method, but you have to play around with it and see what you like better. Those Telluric targets are the jam.

I saw a video highlighting those. So using those, you place the target at 25m and aim using your optic at the center, placing the IR laser in the lower circle? Sorry! It's a little confusing to me.

The only downside I suspect with the constant offset is having to remember holds at different ranges, but I guess anything sub 100 won't really matter as you'll more than likely hit center mass anyway?

Back
Top Bottom