DDMK18 at Cherokee G&P for $1,199 new ... MOE stock/A2 grip model...

Is layaway even possible with NFA items? Meaning, can a person start paying on an item while paperwork is processing being as you technically have to own the item to submit the paperwork?

Not sure. Seems like you don't "own" it until all funds are paid. Maybe a question for Lax, NWS, JDGreen on here. I would say layaway could work as long as you did all you paperwork first. Just seems like the seller would be in a bind if the stamp(s) came through and the buyer couldn't pay the rest. I doubt anyone would do it for NFA items. Then again, I don't know about this area enough to be certain.

I have 3 cans on layaway from CG&P that the paperwork was started in the day I paid down on them. Hopefully I'll make it down there to pay it off and pick up a pt1911 this evening. I've yet to step foot in a friendlier store than CG&P. :thumb: good work Rich

Well, there ya go!

It seems DD is phasing out the plain MK18 with just the MOE stock and A2 grip for their new model that has their newest ones.

CG&P said they were just clearancing out the old ones. They have several MK12's and a new MK18 in the "Mil-spec + cerakote" :wacko:

Any info on how much those MK12's are going for? I may try to swing by there and snag one of those!

Any info on how much those MK12's are going for? I may try to swing by there and snag one of those!

No, I really am not a big DD fan so I didnt check. They are WAY overpriced for what feels like the same build quality as a premium PSA, Spikes, or Wydham (for the most part).

For the same cash, I would build a much more specific rifle for my taste. I do admit though, the DD lineup does look pretty sweet!

Other than the barrel, and SSA trigger, everything else is just meh with the MK12. Its crazy that they MSRP well over $2,000 and dont even come with BUIS!!!!!!!

Another thing, I dont like quad rails that long though. I like lighter top rail only tubes (Troy Alpha, Samson, etc...).

No, I really am not a big DD fan so I didnt check. They are WAY overpriced for what feels like the same build quality as a premium PSA, Spikes, or Wydham (for the most part).

For the same cash, I would build a much more specific rifle for my taste. I do admit though, the DD lineup does look pretty sweet!

Other than the barrel, and SSA trigger, everything else is just meh with the MK12. Its crazy that they MSRP well over $2,000 and dont even come with BUIS!!!!!!!

Another thing, I dont like quad rails that long though. I like lighter top rail only tubes (Troy Alpha, Samson, etc...).

Quality can't be compared from any of those mfgs to DD. Like you already pointed out, for $1,699 you get a rifle that has a $200 FCG, $300 rail system and a CHF barrel. Take away those features and you're within a few hundred of a base model WW/Spikes, whatever.

Back
Top Bottom