Deadair Sandman collar question

I'd post the question over ARF.com in the armory section under silencers sub forum and ping @Mageever. Pretty sure he'll show up and comment as he posts regularly over there.

I have the old collars and it's great to see Dead Air is improving their products. I love my Nomad and Sandman.

Reached out to DA on 20221004 regarding replacement compression nut.

DA CR rep Michael replied same day stating he would send out a replacement.

Few weeks go by and nothing showed up.

Followed up on 20221024 and was informed they were awaiting resupply.

Fast forward to this past week and I reached back out 20230620 to inquire about replacement part availability.

No reply to said follow-up, but I received a new compression nut in the mail today.

Dead Air part #: DA0110

It is physically identical to the original one on my Sandman S. No lightening cuts/holes as shown in OP's pics.

New old stock? Compression nut v3.0? We shall see. I'll report back with how it interfaces with my various DA muzzle devices.

20230624_190324.jpg

Finally got a moment to replace the compression nut and compare old vs. new.

Dead Air was right in their presumption that the compression nut was out-of-spec, causing difficult installation/removal of my Sandman.

First pic is of the original compression nut. The alignment notch is off-center from the tooth below it. To install/remove, I was having to go to full unlock and then 1 click in the lock direction.

Second pic is of the new compression nut. The alignment notch is centered with the tooth below it. I can now go to full unlock and it installs/removes perfectly.

TL;DR - If the alignment notch isn't centered to the tooth below it on your Sandman compression nut and you have difficulty installing or removing suppressor, the compression nut is out-of-spec (unless you're running a non-Dead Air muzzle device, that experiment is in your hands...). Replacing the compression nut worked like a charm. 🤙

20230624_233038.jpg
20230624_233049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom