• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Deadhead Bucks

Wow I’ve hunted my whole life in Georgia and never heard anything about it being illegal to hunt for sheds or pickup a skull with horns.

Would really like to hear the answer from DNR on this one as well as see where anyone has been charged for doing it. I could somewhat understand if it’s state or federal land but a private club or your own property should be fair game

I called DNR many times. They have yet to return my call. I'm pretty sure they dont give a **** about this buck.

Attachments

• 20220218_144830.jpg
    20220218_144830.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 22
From the article:

"States where I can confirm you need a salvage permit, which is usually free and available online, include Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, and Pennsylvania. There are likely others."

And:

"In a few states, one being New Jersey, it is illegal to pick up and possess a deer skull with antlers at any time. If you’re out shed hunting and find a deadhead, you’re supposed to leave it. This makes no sense to me, but the authorities say the law is designed to cut down on poaching."

Calling your mother is probably a state-regulated activity in New Jersey.

Back
Top Bottom