• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Deer scents and attractant question (not peanut butter)

Natural scent trick. Take the outerwear of your hunting clothes and put them in a box stuffed with broken green pine tree limbs, with the needles on them. You may get a couple sticky sap spot, but it works if done right.

THIS ... in addition I use scent killer deodorant, and natural earth stuff on my face and hair. I personally have not had any luck using the urine or estrous products ATTRACTING deer, but I do believe they help COVER YOUR SCENT.

I like using a mix of peanut butter, REAL MAPLE syrup, honey, and REAL vanilla extract... dilute it down with water and spray down the stand area before I climb. Works very well! I have lots of trail cam pics and videos of deer coming around all night, and day long.

I hunt on the ground and use the dryer sheets on my clothes...they smell like dirt. usualy put out a little doe urine. I had a doe walk up and sniff my back one time! It was very cool. She never ran, just moved along feeding. During the rut i do use doe in heat urine and the can for calling. The can works. I try to save any urine when I clean a deer...nothing better than the real deal and its free lol

During the rut I have used doe in estrus with the combination of an estrus call. Then from time to time during the doe call I will hit a young buck call. I have had good results this way. Even if the dominant buck is around and not interested in the doe, they typically won't tolerate the idea of another buck in their area during this time.

I killed a deer last year with the White Oak Acorn scent bomb. I spray it behind me in small burst to cover my trail when I start getting close to my stand. The deer came in on the same track I walked in on.

Back
Top Bottom