• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well I call .308 my divorce caliber. Because if I ever get into it I'd have to buy a new safe and fill it up with all the cool .308 rifles. And it seems most of the cool .308 guns ain't cheap.

M1A

FAL

HK/PTR

Long distance bolt guns...so many choices.

So if I want to shoot long distance I'll use my 6.5CM and if I want to blast with a big boy round I use my VEPR in 54R.

For long range I like my 338 L. I call it my Ma bell gun. You remember, reach out and touch someone. Bwahahahahaha!!!!

For long range I like my 338 L. I call it my Ma bell gun. You remember, reach out and touch someone. Bwahahahahaha!!!!
The only reason I even know the Ma Bell reference is from "Home Alone" :lol: but also, you had me at "reach out and touch someone"

0d5e1591566429e4899f1e99f9894c06.gif

Just the bolt on a decent build is 200 plus, 100 and change for upper reciever, BA barrel never tried their 308 barrel but if they are anything like their AR15 units then we can just say good. 250, hand guard can get rediclous so let's just say 150 and gas tube and block 60. Thst's just s rough estimate. You can spend a ass load if you are not careful.

Just the bolt on a decent build is 200 plus, 100 and change for upper reciever, BA barrel never tried their 308 barrel but if they are anything like their AR15 units then we can just say good. 250, hand guard can get rediclous so let's just say 150 and gas tube and block 60. Thst's just s rough estimate. You can spend a ass load if you are not careful.
That sound like some black market ****

That sound like some black market ****
My AR10 cost1,800. I was using bare minimum numbers. Now that I moved out of state and no longer a member of Riverbend Gun Club I have a 1,800 plus a scope paper weight.Target ammo is 30 bucks a box so it was a every third visit gun then. He might be better off just buying a built upper. Hell you could buy a DPMS complete rifle at one time for 8 to 900 bucks. I havn't looked into 308 parts in a while so have no idea what the market on parts or rifles for that matter is right now. I know where to look I just haven't been in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom