• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Detonating Ammo

bxtreme24

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
96   0
Reaction score
So I have a few rounds of 9mm detonating ammo. They have a primer in the bullet and they came out of a white box labled "detonaters" and packed in foam. I know there not the cheesie devastators sold in the blister packs. Im looking for some more info on them. How big of a punch do they pack? Are they even legal any more? Are they safe to fire? And are they legal to use as PD or HD rounds (just curious, not serious)?
a1.jpg
a2.jpg

Last edited:
They are just junk gimmick ammo. The ones I have in original packaging imply that they will explode on impact. I bought them when I was young and stupid, now 20 years later I'm just stupid. Seriously, do you really think the ATF would allow "explosive" rounds to be sold if they worked. I've shot a few with no obvious results. I would imagine that if you shot them into soft tissue that the primer would not deform enough to do anything.

Some primers pack a punch. As a kid, when I was more stupid :), I used to put large rifle primers on the road and smack them with a 5-pound sledge hammer, they would make a fairly loud bang... up until the cap from one went 3 inches into my leg.

Stone Mountain, pennies and railroad comes to mind..... do it now and it would be a terrorist act!!!

16- 20 years ago is about right

several small companies made them.. nice gimic

I still have some 44 mags that had blackpowder under the primer

easy to make yourself but of no real value

Personally I like the idea of mercury(if you can find it) or bacon fat under wax in a hollow point. Muhahahaha! Our terroristic activity was limited to M80s down the toilet in school mostly.

Back
Top Bottom