• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Diamondback DB9

Spartan07

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
Just some dude
172   0
Reaction score
Got one the other day.
Unbelievable little gun. 6+1 rds of 9mm. Ran about 30 rds through it so far with 0 FTF, 0 FTE, using everything from Winchester Silver tip to Tulammo. Pops the hand pretty good, but is controllable.
3 dot sights...

Damn thing looks like a G17 that someone left in the dryer too long. Grip is nice, but could use a finger rest on the bottom of the mag.

If you're looking for ULTIMATE CC, look no further... I'm totally sold on this little gun. I have big hands and this thing was no problem to shoot.

Only thing is that the mfg warns not to use +P in it.
Figured that silvertips were ok and is likely what I will carry.

Second this opinion! Had a DB9 until today (sold it to save up for a Glock 17 for GSSF shoots) ... man I miss that gun already. Mine was flawless. I did not experience any flawed workmanship, nor failures - the pistol was always well cleaned and lubed (like the glock recommendations, except for moly d grease on the slide rails). I also used moly d to polish (with a q-tip) the feed ramp. Again - performed flawlessly. Don't be dissuaded by the negative stuff you see out there - you can find enough negative stuff about any pistol if you want. These are great little pistols.

By the way - Diamondback Firearms was not started by former Kel-Tec employees ... that was SCCY (or now SKKY?). Diamondback has been producing aluminum airboats forever and recently got in the firearms business. Their CNC is excellent - quality that you only find on some of the higher grade firearms. And their customer service is great as well.

I don't have any experience shooting a DB9, but I will VERY soon!. I purchased the DB9c from Dseder earlier today. So far though, I'm impressed with the fit & finish. This little thing is amazing, it just feels "right" in the hand. I expect good things from this micro 9. Heck, I'm supposed to be leaving to go out of town tomorrow to work an event up in Tennessee but I think I'm going to end up getting a later start because I think I'm going to put some rounds down range with my new (to me) Diamondback! Thanks Dseder!

Back
Top Bottom