• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

dick proenneke cabin build video playlist

Well, just watched part 1 for the second time in maybe close to 15 years.....after it was over, I slowly rose to my feet....shuffled across the room.....removed my "Man Card" from my wallet....and tore it up into little pieces.....at that point I still felt a state of shame and self loathing.....nothing left to do now but walk into my wife's closet and throw on a pretty dress......Dick Proenneke is a Real Man.....

For those that don't know (I didn't) He released a few books of his life covering the time the movie was make and even longer.......there is also a book that took him original words and changed then (why I will never know).....bottom line is I must read them both.......I am currently 1 year younger than he was when he started his Adventure.......when I first saw this I was in my mid 30's and though damn, that a tough old SOB.....I'd love to hang with him and learn.......now I just look at him and wonder if he would slow down long enough to bury what was left of me after a few weeks. Truly an amazing man.

Back
Top Bottom