• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dick's in Newnan

image.jpg
Nuts. I guess I just alway figured you could open carry. I've had a Carry permit as soon as I was legally able to own a pistol. Always shot on private land as a teen.

Georgia Carry is a non-profit organization that advocates for gun owners and people who carry guns, protecting our constitutional rights. They also are a great resource for information about the current laws in Georgia about gun ownership and carrying guns.

Just from this thread you can see where many people do not know the current laws in this state. The laws are constantly changing. Much of the beneficial change for us is because of Georgia Carry's legal advocacy.

You can see all the information on their website at any time for free. I think everyone who carries a weapon should always be up to date on the current laws.

Here is the info copied and pasted from their website about their mission:

About GeorgiaCarry.Org

Georgiacarry.org is Georgia’s no-compromise voice for gun owners.

GCO believes that citizens of Georgia and the United States have the right to own and carry the firearm of their choice for any reason other than to commit a crime.
GCO works tirelessly to ensure that the rights of gun owners are not compromised by the Georgia General Assembly, local officials, and those who ostensibly support gun rights while they work behind the scenes to erode our liberties. GCO is a 501 (c) 4 non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots organization. GCO works for gun owners, not politicians. We are not interested in “access” or being “inside players.” We will not protect or make excuses for politicians who say they are our “friends” and then demonstrate otherwise by voting against us.

Public policy is controlled by the people who consistently show up and stay involved. GCO believes informed, active gun owners are the best defense against those who endeavor to infringe our liberties. To that end, GCO works tirelessly to keep our membership informed and active, and our members respond with equal passion and commitment.

If you want to be treated like a valued member of a winning team, not just a member number and a source of revenue, if you want to be involved in defeating anti-gun bills and promoting gun ownership as a right, GCO wants you.

Last edited:
If you went across the street you would've probably paid like a $100 more, LOL

I went across the street, up the road, over to Oz's, AR Bunker, Dick's had the lowest price. I went in wanting a compact 1911 but after weighing my choices of just wanting a comfortable carry edc the XDs was a good choice, I'm happy with it

Last edited:
What changed at Dick's? They used to be anti handgun? Last time I was in one, they had a complete selection. No knowledge, but still a selection..

They were anti-gun when it suited them to be, right after Sandy Hook. They loudly proclaimed they were going to stop carrying 'assault rifles' to every media shill that would listen. Almost put Troy out of business while they were at it by canceling a huge order with them, not to mention leaving their customers out to dry for months before giving them refunds.

Then when they saw all the money being made during the Great Gun Panic they decided that they liked guns (or at least the money they brought in) just fine, so long as they were in the back room and out of sight.

When the gun control lobby got their butt's handed to them by the Senate, they saw the writing on the wall and moved the guns back on to the floor, hoping no one would remember their pandering to the gun control lobby.

Lots of people DO remember though,.. which is why every thread that mentions them gets some comments.

If you shop there you are a gun-grabbing, anti-American, flag-stomping anti-2A Liberal weenie.

(just kidding)

(not really)

I do like Ashley park but now all damn kids taking it over
Been like that for years now. Since it's private property LEO's have to be asked to intervene with anything basically. Shop lifting & criminal trespassing is about all they get involved with unless violence is reported. Kids under 18 are banned on the weekends after 9 pm but pretty much have free reign the rest of the time, security people's hands are tied out there and not much they can do but be seen.

What changed at Dick's? They used to be anti handgun? Last time I was in one, they had a complete selection. No knowledge, but still a selection..
They quit selling AR's after Sandy Hook, didn't stop selling handguns.

Last edited:
The one up here in Canton just started recently it seems. When they opened, they only had long guns, a slight selection at best. Seems like it hasn't been that long that they have had a case full.

Been like that for years now. Since it's private property LEO's have to be asked to intervene with anything basically. Shop lifting & criminal trespassing is about all they get involved with unless violence is reported. Kids under 18 are banned on the weekends after 9 pm but pretty much have free reign the rest of the time, security people's hands are tied out there and not much they can do but be seen

One of their security guards stopped me last weekend for rolling a stop sign... stood in front of me, asked me to roll down my window, flashing his lil badge, LOL!

He was like "you ran the stop sign"

I said "ohhhhh are you a cop"

Him "no but I can call them"

Me "haha, go for it man"

I just drove 50-75 yards away and parked... we went shopping, he called the police... we went into a few stores (maybe 45 min) he stalked me.

of course cops never showed, LOL

(I'd get if I ran it, but nooooooo joke I rolled it at 1 mph)

Back
Top Bottom