• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dick's in Newnan

One of their security guards stopped me last weekend for rolling a stop sign... stood in front of me, asked me to roll down my window, flashing his lil badge, LOL!

He was like "you ran the stop sign"

I said "ohhhhh are you a cop"

Him "no but I can call them"

Me "haha, go for it man"

I just drove 50-75 yards away and parked... we went shopping, he called the police... we went into a few stores (maybe 45 min) he stalked me.

of course cops never showed, LOL
(I'd get if I ran it, but nooooooo joke I rolled it at 1 mph)

LEO's probably just ignored him, they won't bother with tickets there because it's private property. I had the misfortune of working security there a few years ago, the security company is a joke. You get two days of "classroom training" that really amounts to nothing, basically just enough BS to get your ass kicked or killed unless you have some common sense and probably 98% of that companies guards are some of the worst employees I've personally ever seen. When I left that site I was a supervisor at a food warehouse in College Park in a pretty dangerous part of town a couple of miles north of Union City. I had 7 guards under me to handle 24/7/365 security there. I was sent there to straighten out the guards they already had there because they were about to lose the contract. I wound up firing 6 of the 7 in the first month & a half! In just 1 1/2 years there I went through more than 24 people trying to get some decent guards, only 3 of them were worth anything when I quit. I got sick to death of all the drama queens and threats from independent truckers & whse. workers. Unarmed security in a dangerous place ain't fun, I wasn't even supposed to have a pocket knife on me. I found out real fast it was wiser to be armed anyway whether they allowed it or not, what they can't see they can't fire you for though right? Lol, I did a little stint with another company as an armed guard in Fairburn to protect a plant manager who had gotten some death threats from some fired employees but left that job too but that was mostly because they kept screwing with my pay. I will NEVER work for another security company again, I've worked for some crappy bosses in my life but those companies were over the top stupid.

LEO's probably just ignored him, they won't bother with tickets there because it's private property. I had the misfortune of working security there a few years ago, the security company is a joke. You get two days of "classroom training" that really amounts to nothing, basically just enough BS to get your ass kicked or killed unless you have some common sense and probably 98% of that companies guards are some of the worst employees I've personally ever seen. When I left that site I was a supervisor at a food warehouse in College Park in a pretty dangerous part of town a couple of miles north of Union City. I had 7 guards under me to handle 24/7/365 security there. I was sent there to straighten out the guards they already had there because they were about to lose the contract. I wound up firing 6 of the 7 in the first month & a half! In just 1 1/2 years there I went through more than 24 people trying to get some decent guards, only 3 of them were worth anything when I quit. I got sick to death of all the drama queens and threats from independent truckers & whse. workers. Unarmed security in a dangerous place ain't fun, I wasn't even supposed to have a pocket knife on me. I found out real fast it was wiser to be armed anyway whether they allowed it or not, what they can't see they can't fire you for though right? Lol, I did a little stint with another company as an armed guard in Fairburn to protect a plant manager who had gotten some death threats from some fired employees but left that job too but that was mostly because they kept screwing with my pay. I will NEVER work for another security company again, I've worked for some crappy bosses in my life but those companies were over the top stupid.

Man, I'm sure the job sucks and honestly I get the point he was trying to make... but I was going 1 mph with a newborn SCREAMING in the backseat.

I don't know what gun you speak of sir, LOL

Selling you stuff isn't the same thing as supporting your rights,they screwed over a lot of people and took advantage of the political climate,but keep on rewarding these "supporters",the rest of us will do the right thing!

Selling you stuff isn't the same thing as supporting your rights,they screwed over a lot of people and took advantage of the political climate,but keep on rewarding these "supporters",the rest of us will do the right thing!

If you hate Big Business that screws over people then you must have a mini farm and live off the grid. That's what they all do. Nobody likes it, it's just the way it is. They did bad stuff because of fear and propaganda. They still sell guns and sporting goods.

"They all do it " is a great response,not talking about big business hating,just chicken%%%% spineless companies ,did all of the other retailers do it also? Apparently they did,since "everybody does it" and should not be held accountable

Man, I'm sure the job sucks and honestly I get the point he was trying to make... but I was going 1 mph with a newborn SCREAMING in the backseat.

I don't know what gun you speak of sir, LOL
Lol, yep it most definitely sucked big time. Too many of those goobers think they ARE THE LAW. Nothing could be further from the truth though and most people know that except them. I would have never said anything to you because 99 out of 100 people driving through there do the same exact thing you did, you were no danger to anyone. It's people like the one you encountered that have given security guards the reputation they have and so richly deserve.

Edited to add: One more of the many reasons I won't work security again.

Last edited:

Don't come crying to me about your gripes with some corporate entity. It's my money, I earned and I'll spend where and how I want to. I hear Walmart sells tissues if that helps you out any

Back
Top Bottom