• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dick's losses continue-

i-could-burn.jpg

They are making a bunch of changes to how they operate. Again cutting hours for lodge dept. Used to be required to have one person at or near the handgun display, but not anymore.

Interesting snip from the article

Those who supported the ban promised to become Dick’s customers but did not stay the course.
“Love is fleeting. Hate is forever,” Stack said.

I wonder what the breakdown of category sales was for this period? Surely Dick's didn't sail $150MM worth of 'assault weapons' each year.

Wondering the same. If their just taking into account weapon sales in general , maybe? But I'm thinking about the impact on gun people in general who left dicks? Those that won't buy anything from dicks now they stopped selling assault and other firearms.

1.7% decline on $7.27B in revenue is $123,590,000. Certainly enough for heads to roll if that trend continued.
Thats a total loss since the ban. There stock price has gone up $9 a share since then. More than making up for 150 million dollar loss. At 72million shares bought. They arent hurting at all. Im not defending them at all never bought from them and never will but people seem to think they are losing market share and are failing as a business for cutting firearms from there sales floors

Thats a total loss since the ban. There stock price has gone up $9 a share since then. More than making up for 150 million dollar loss. At 72million shares bought. They arent hurting at all. Im not defending them at all never bought from them and never will but people seem to think they are losing market share and are failing as a business for cutting firearms from there sales floors

Aren't they really just shifting their gun sales to Field & Stream, anyway. This wasn't a politically motivated move or a stance against guns. They don't mind the perceived message but in reality, it was a business decision to bolster F&S as their "outdoor specialty" store. And if soccer mom's feel better about shopping at Dicks, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom