• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did anyone else get to fondle a $10,000 wheel gun today?

When I saw the title I said to myself only if it's new in the box. Then I clicked on to the picture, never mind. That's one beautiful pistol and a nice piece of history. Well done Sir......

I have never held a $10,000 Colt, much less be able to afford one. However, if I had $10,000 for a special gun, I would probably lean toward this one. It recently sold for approximately $9500. All numbers match, factory letter on the gun as being a two tone, and factory letter on the engraving. Either one, the Colt or the S&W are out of my league.

In reply to your thread's title….yes. Yes, I did. Except its a little older model. 1896 smokeless powder "transitional" model with Sambar stag grips….in 44/40.

Attachments

• IMG_5751.JPG
    IMG_5751.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5779.JPG
    IMG_5779.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5765.JPG
    IMG_5765.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 11
So….is there a Colt letter somewhere on this gun? Factory engraved nickel?

The owner of this gun is an older gentleman who has a pretty extensive collection of high end vintage firearms. While I haven't personally seen it, he did say that he has documentation from Colt. He also mentioned that this gun was appraised by the "Antiques Roadshow" TV show at one time. The previous owner was apparently a high level exec with Xerox.

I have never held a $10,000 Colt, much less be able to afford one. However, if I had $10,000 for a special gun, I would probably lean toward this one. It recently sold for approximately $9500. All numbers match, factory letter on the gun as being a two tone, and factory letter on the engraving. Either one, the Colt or the S&W are out of my league.

If I had $10K to drop on a gun I would go with a transferrable Norell conversion 10\22. And with whatever change I had leftover I'd buy 22 ammo.

Back
Top Bottom