• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I make a mistake?

titan2k10

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
Guy tells me he knows a LOT about firearms before I even show him a pistol. He then proceeds to ask me how to break it down....I don't have a problem showing someone but don't make a broad statement like that then ask how to break something down if you have done your "research" on the pistol...I feel almost like I am contributing to a crime by selling to someone who isn't that intelligent.

Lots of pistols break down in different ways......I know a good bit about pistols but not how to break them all down....I was in a professional gunsmith's shop and he wasn't sure how to break down an old CZ.....it happens

Lots of pistols break down in different ways......I know a good bit about pistols but not how to break them all down....I was in a professional gunsmith's shop and he wasn't sure how to break down an old CZ.....it happens

This...I'm not a total newb with guns but every gun is different. I can break a 1911 down in my sleep but I don't know how to break a Glock down ( I don't own any); that doesn't make me an idiot.

I absolutely understand but if I was told "Yeah I did my research and this is the one I want." then that should be a no brainer. If you don't know fine it doesn't bother me to show at all. I liken it to someone who says they are an m16 competition shooter...Rife and ready to be made to look silly.

Basically don't try to mislead me. Just be honest.

With as many pistols as there are in the world its almost impossible to know how to break every single one of them down. Glock, XD, M&P, H&K, Sig nad a few others break the same for the most part. But when you get into the older guns is when you start getting into the trickier stuff. It took me a hour to figure out how to completely break down a CZ-52. But i could take my HK down blindfolded. All in what era your exposed to the most.
You can tell me you know how to breakdown every single pistol on the market today, and i'll ask where you got your weed from. Its impossible.

I know what you are saying. I always try to do my research before buying as well.
But every time that I get a new weapon, the first thing I do is look at everything on YouTube. Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue how to disassemble, clean, etc.
Please give us "short bus" people a break :)

I know what you are saying. I always try to do my research before buying as well.
But every time that I get a new weapon, the first thing I do is look at everything on YouTube. Otherwise I wouldn't have a clue how to disassemble, clean, etc.
Please give us "short bus" people a break :)

How do I give myself a break?!

I've had a few handguns over the years that I never touched before I bought them, I've even asked the seller of he would show me how to break it down at the sale. When I sell a gun, if time permits, I ask the buyer if he would want me to show him anything about the pistol.

Back
Top Bottom