• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Did I make a mistake?

"Researching" a firearm and actually breaking one down are two very different things. Given a minute I think I can disassemble (field strip) just about any firearm (done it with hundreds over the years) but if I had never done it before personally and I was buying one from someone that had I would ask too, best to learn first hand from someone that has "done it".

Not an issue.

With as many pistols as there are in the world its almost impossible to know how to break every single one of them down. Glock, XD, M&P, H&K, Sig nad a few others break the same for the most part. But when you get into the older guns is when you start getting into the trickier stuff. It took me a hour to figure out how to completely break down a CZ-52. But i could take my HK down blindfolded. All in what era your exposed to the most.
You can tell me you know how to breakdown every single pistol on the market today, and i'll ask where you got your weed from. Its impossible.
lol the cz52 roller thing is a fun one!

the lip on the mag makes it alot easier

The issue isn't that he didn't know how to breakdown the gun. The issue is that he was trying to be mr knowitall and then have to ask. The asking is NOT the problem its the telling me you know everything then asking about something in that everything realm immediately after.

I have never owned anything other than a Glock but by George I would be sure to do all of the research/youtube watching I could on every aspect of any firearm I may potentially purchase. That doesn't mean everyone does or doesn't but I won't claim to unless I know that I have no further questions.

I buy on impulse, research later- it's more fun that way. I look at buying used guns like it's a long term rental.

I absolutely understand but if I was told "Yeah I did my research and this is the one I want." then that should be a no brainer. If you don't know fine it doesn't bother me to show at all. I liken it to someone who says they are an m16 competition shooter...Rife and ready to be made to look silly.

Basically don't try to mislead me. Just be honest.

written descriptions in manuals or on forums are not the same as having the gun in your hand. Go pick up a ruger mark iii 22/45 and see how long it takes you to disassemble and reassemble the first time even reading the manual in advance.

I still have trouble with the damn thing sometimes.

My cz p07 has a very detailed and through instructions, but it was still awkward until I had it in my hands to try it. Most guns are not as easy as a sig where you just lock the slide, flip the lever down and pull the slide off the front.

written descriptions in manuals or on forums are not the same as having the gun in your hand. Go pick up a ruger mark iii 22/45 and see how long it takes you to disassemble and reassemble the first time even reading the manual in advance.

I still have trouble with the damn thing sometimes.

My cz p07 has a very detailed and through instructions, but it was still awkward until I had it in my hands to try it. Most guns are not as easy as a sig where you just lock the slide, flip the lever down and pull the slide off the front.

yup

i would rather be shown how to do it right there on the spot. my cz75 is simple to break down and so was the keltec sub 2000 i had, but having it shown to me versus reading it made them alot easier off the bat to take apart

Back
Top Bottom