Difference in lower parts kit

Daniel

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
32   1
Reaction score
Can someone tell me what is the difference in lower parts kits for an ar build. Is there one that is better than others or are you more or less paying for the name associated with it.

The last CMMG kit I ordered came in neat little color coded zip lock bags... might be helpful for a first time builder. I dumped all the parts into a pile because I was tired of checking bags looking for a particular spring. (Which could have been avoided if I'd read the instructions, but I think we know where this is going).

I have found different markings on some parts- such as an "S" in a square on the sides of the hammer/trigger. I don't know what it means, but that is about the only visible difference I've noticed between Spike's, DPMS, CMMG, and others.

All the same. All you are paying for is a name

With the exception of differing triggers (single stage vs double stage), I agree. But for basic, milspec LPK's - I have shot Daniel Defense, Rock River, Palmetto State Armory, DMPS, and CMMG. Can't tell a lick of difference other than PSA takedown pins tend to be a little more rough than the rest.

The last CMMG kit I ordered came in neat little color coded zip lock bags... might be helpful for a first time builder. I dumped all the parts into a pile because I was tired of checking bags looking for a particular spring. (Which could have been avoided if I'd read the instructions, but I think we know where this is going).

I have found different markings on some parts- such as an "S" in a square on the sides of the hammer/trigger. I don't know what it means, but that is about the only visible difference I've noticed between Spike's, DPMS, CMMG, and others.

Could the "s" stand for a single stage trigger instead of double stage? Just a thought im still learning all about this stuff

There are actually some differences in various parts kits. They won't be obvious to the naked eye though, as the differences will be in the tolerances or materials. RRA kits are notorious for oversized fire control pins. Others have issues with the bolt catch being out of spec or bad fire control parts / disconnecters etc. G and R Tactical sells a good kit with parts from LMT and Colt. Daniel Defense is a good kit and I haven't seen any complaints about the PSA kits. Over the years, I've seen enough complaints about DPMS, cmmg and other budget kits, that I wouldn't take a chance on them with my money.

Back
Top Bottom