• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Difference in PMAGS

silverado31794

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
130   0
Reaction score
I have several PMAGS but I don't have any windowed. Is there a pro or con against the windowed ones? I see some people say they don't want a windowed one, but others say thats all they are intersted in. Is it just personal preferance?

you can see how many rounds you have left is the only thing other than that they are useless and have weaker spots in my opinion . the clear inserts have to effect the strength of the mag

It's just a way to to quick check for what's left in the mag. Some guys love them, some guys hate them. Myself and all of the guys I know were trained without the use of a windowed mag so its sort of irrelevant. I do see a practical application for it as a quick reference in some situations.

In the end, I figure the general public wants then because its tacticool to see the rounds loaded in the mag.

I would like them if the window were higher up on the mag. After 5-6 rnds you can't see anything anyway. The Lancers are way better to see what you got left, but I won't pay for those either. Metal mags all the way!

I am guessing it is all about the looks as well for most , but yes they will be good to get a quick check on what ya have left . I did 4 years in the Marines and we didnt have windows in our mags and i fired thousands of rounds without needing a window , heck if anything you wouldnt want a window showing nice shiny Brass on the other side in sunlight when you are trying to be covert .

Back
Top Bottom