• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DirecTV / AT&T rant

rbstern

Hen of Fame Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Any issue with DirecTV is like a trip to the dentist. If you're lucky, they just jab your gums and draw blood once or twice. If you're not lucky, it's like full-on root canal, and the anesthesia is marginal.

In no particular order:

1) Log into your DirecTV account: Bounces you from one AT&T screen to another. Confuses you about whether it's DirecTV or AT&T. Heaven forbid you once had an AT&T cell phone, in which case you probably have two accounts, two passwords, and good luck logging in with the right one, or telling one from the other.

2) Searching to access help for the services you've already bought: Bombarded with offers for the same services you already bought, or other services they want to sell you. Little or no help for using the services you are already paying for.

3) Trying to find billing info: No meaningful description of line item details.

4) Confusing array of emails in response to orders or account changes, all of which have links to further confusing billing screens that don't clarify your account situation.

5) Trying to access your services online, e.g., stream instead of satellite for NFL Sunday Ticket: Broken software. Confusing market blackout rules. Software changing from one screen refresh to the next.

6) Call for help using the customer service number shown on their web site: Go through the "Press 1 for x, 2 for y" maze, only to be told, after five minutes, that you are on a line for new customers only, and should call a different number for existing customers.

7) Reach a human being after 10, 15, sometimes 30 minute hold times. Thick accent, hard to understand, and lots of "I'm sorry, we're no longer allowed to do that" answers to questions.

It's so painful, one is inclined to not want to call at all, which might be deliberate on AT&T's part, but I don't give them that much credit. They are the ultimate, dumb, uncaring, big organization.

Thankfully, this is the last season of their exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket contract. Hopefully, somebody with more respect for customers gets that next NFL contract.

/rant

Here's some rare footage of AT&T execs, fine-tuning their service offerings for improved customer service:

iu

We left ATT back in December and paid everything off and bills in full. Got a bill for January and paid it thinking it was for what was left from December and then got another bill. Not much of a bill ($112 I think?) and based on principle I refuse to pay it. They didn’t provide me any services therefor I don’t owe them ****. I still owe them that 112 according to them right now and they can’t seem to figure out what it’s from or why I owe them that and won’t waive it. **** ATT. We left originally because our phone bill would be crazy high and they couldn’t explain why. If I remember right at one point a bill got up to 336$ and they couldn’t explain why...

Any issue with DirecTV is like a trip to the dentist. If you're lucky, they just jab your gums and draw blood once or twice. If you're not lucky, it's like full-on root canal, and the anesthesia is marginal.

In no particular order:

1) Log into your DirecTV account: Bounces you from one AT&T screen to another. Confuses you about whether it's DirecTV or AT&T. Heaven forbid you once had an AT&T cell phone, in which case you probably have two accounts, two passwords, and good luck logging in with the right one, or telling one from the other.

2) Searching to access help for the services you've already bought: Bombarded with offers for the same services you already bought, or other services they want to sell you. Little or no help for using the services you are already paying for.

3) Trying to find billing info: No meaningful description of line item details.

4) Confusing array of emails in response to orders or account changes, all of which have links to further confusing billing screens that don't clarify your account situation.

5) Trying to access your services online, e.g., stream instead of satellite for NFL Sunday Ticket: Broken software. Confusing market blackout rules. Software changing from one screen refresh to the next.

6) Call for help using the customer service number shown on their web site: Go through the "Press 1 for x, 2 for y" maze, only to be told, after five minutes, that you are on a line for new customers only, and should call a different number for existing customers.

7) Reach a human being after 10, 15, sometimes 30 minute hold times. Thick accent, hard to understand, and lots of "I'm sorry, we're no longer allowed to do that" answers to questions.

It's so painful, one is inclined to not want to call at all, which might be deliberate on AT&T's part, but I don't give them that much credit. They are the ultimate, dumb, uncaring, big organization.

Thankfully, this is the last season of their exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket contract. Hopefully, somebody with more respect for customers gets that next NFL contract.

/rant

Here's some rare footage of AT&T execs, fine-tuning their service offerings for improved customer service:

iu
I just went through that cluster **** about a week ago. Two days of trying to get someone I can understand. Either I was speaking to New Dheli or Manila, I don't know. My TV ,Internet and Telephone was out. After four days a repairman showed up and fixed the problem. There was one on the telephone who kept wanting a pin number. I didn't remember that but I gave him my account number but that wasn't good enough. He just hung up on me. Great Company.

Almost 2 hours on the phone last week. Transferred 3 times. Got dropped once but he did call right back. Couldn’t remember the pin. But I did know the answer to the question. All just to add service to my detached garage.

Back
Top Bottom