Disassembling a 22/45. Gun won't fire. I can't remove the mainspring housing. Gun #2

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
My 22/45 won't fire or dry fire.

The gun worked fine until I cleaned it. I must have reassembled it incorrectly. Now I can pull out the lever, but the main spring housing won't swing out from the gun. The photo shows how far it will come out.

36-1.jpg

My best advice for disassembling and reassembling a Ruger Mark *** pistol.....DON'T. Just hose it down now and then and scrub what you can get to. It'll last longer than you will without the headaches of putting one of those damn things back together.

It is going to be hard for anyone to tell you how to fix it. I will tell you that it involves several incantations of the demons who serve Cthulu, an adamantium hammer, at least 5 gigawatts of power, and more patience than Job, Mother Teresa, and Buddha combined.

Oh, yeah - and a lot of YouTube vids.

Pull down on the mainspring housing instead of trying to swing it out. Then the hammer strut has to be in the right place for re-assembly. Once you do it a couple times it'll be a piece of cake. If you want to PM me I'll be glad to walk you through it, or hell you could call me if you want.

i have done the exact same thing plenty so i'll save you some headache. As far as the mainspring just take out the lever as far as it will go and then take some sort of stamp (wood so you dont scratch everything) place it over and use a hammer to gently drive it out. when you reassembly it make sure you 1. push the hammer all the way forward once you have the bolt in, 2 make sure you have an empty mag in when reassembly, 3. when you go to put the mainspring back in make sure the dongle is hanging out so that when you put it back in the dongle with fall into the slot that looks like its made for it

Back
Top Bottom