• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Divorce Sucks

Divorce does suck initially. I was married for 19 years to the wrong woman. I've been married for 7 years now to the right woman and honestly, I never knew marriage could be as good as it is. You'll find the right person now that you know what you don't want in someone.

My suggestion is to look to someone younger. My wife is 14 years younger but was raised the right way by good parents. Makes all the difference in the world in how we relate to one another and communicate.

Hang in there and focus on your children if you have. 25 years ago went thru the D after 18 years of marriage.
The ex couldnt stay focused on us but other guys as well. Seriously thought about eliminating her now husband
but have a son and knew I needed to be there for him. Now I would kiss the guys ass anywhere he wished to drop
his pants.
I learned you only have control over yourself. Be happy with you and if not you can change yourself to be happy.
Tomorrow I celebrate the best 21 years of my life, married to the most awesome woman (thru my eyes) on this planet.
I also have learned I wouldn't change a thing in my past. If so, I would not be where I am today. Again hang in there
and look for the good in each day, the hurt will lessen and you will survive. And again be there for your kids if you have.

If she has money after you go, she ain't goin to bother with another one. That's just the way it is

This thread inspired me to post a thread about this very thing

My suggestion is to look to someone younger. My wife is 14 years younger but was raised the right way by good parents. Makes all the difference in the world in how we relate to one another and communicate.

This has been my experience, my wife of 15+ years is 10 years younger than me. There is a generation gap when it comes to world events and music and such, but I can't imagine being with anyone else

This has been my experience, my wife of 15+ years is 10 years younger than me. There is a generation gap when it comes to world events and music and such, but I can't imagine being with anyone else
Exactly the same for us. We overlap just enough to have common knowledge of most things but I was serving in the Marines when she was 5 so there's years of the 70's and 80's that require explaining at times. Music, movies and my references/jokes get lost in translation at times but same as you I can't imagine being with anyone else.

Exactly the same for us. We overlap just enough to have common knowledge of most things but I was serving in the Marines when she was 5 so there's years of the 70's and 80's that require explaining at times. Music, movies and my references/jokes get lost in translation at times but same as you I can't imagine being with anyone else.
I'm laughing so hard man, I was born in 74 and she was born in 84, she missed ALL the best 80s stuff!

So,
Tomorrow is my big day. Dec of 98 to March of 24. It really ****ing hurts, even though it’s necessary.

Almost 26 years man, that's a lot, I understand. I'm not saying forget about the past...it's made you who you are today. But don't let it hold you back from securing your future.

Congratulations!

I’ve been happily unmarried my entire life. I do have a son who lives with me full time, AND I got to keep all my money, house and belongings. I was extremely fortunate to get the deal I have.

I’m not lonely. I have a woman around much of the time.

I’ve never met a woman I would trust enough to enter into a legal contract with her that gives her full power and authority over my financial future…No to mention control over my child.

The family court system is nothing but a scam in favor of unruly and insufferable women. It’s a bad idea for western men to get married in this day and age. I warn my son constantly of the system and these crazy ass western women. Marriage ain’t what it used to be.

If you have a son(s) you will do them a solid by teaching them the dangers of this BS system.

Sorry you are going through this, OP. You’ve been married a long time and that’s hard as hell. You will get through it, though, and there will be brighter days. I’ve seen it too many times. Im guessing you will come out squeaky clean and she will regret it in due time…And I don’t know the first thing about your situation. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom