• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY Nightvision

musket

Default rank <2000 posts
SCV-MOS&B
84   0
Reaction score
Has anyone built one of the DIY nightvision rigs like you see on You Tube? If so, what stuff did you use and where did you get it? I'd be using it for plinking and wouldn't trust something like that for hunting.

daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-2542.jpg

I'll post up a link as soon as I can find the YouTube video I'm looking for. Most of the ones' on there now are Brits and you can't understand a thing them Limeys are saying. And, those Brits use them on air rifles. The video I'm looking for, the DIY rig was on a 5.56 and worked well.

Until I can find the vid, what they do is fit an IR video cam, usually a Sony HandiCam, behind a regular scope and also attach a good IR illuminator on the scope. Some use bullet cams and a little monitor that also work good. You sight the scope's cross hairs through the video screen.

And, BTW whore houses have been using green lights for a while, now. The little bugs show up better under green.

I'll post up a link as soon as I can find the YouTube video I'm looking for. Most of the ones' on there now are Brits and you can't understand a thing them Limeys are saying. And, those Brits use them on air rifles. The video I'm looking for, the DIY rig was on a 5.56 and worked well.

Until I can find the vid, what they do is fit an IR video cam, usually a Sony HandiCam, behind a regular scope and also attach a good IR illuminator on the scope. Some use bullet cams and a little monitor that also work good. You sight the scope's cross hairs through the video screen.

And, BTW whore houses have been using green lights for a while, now. The little bugs show up better under green.
I thought that whore houses used red lights.

Back
Top Bottom