• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DIY Nightvision

I'll post up a link as soon as I can find the YouTube video I'm looking for. Most of the ones' on there now are Brits and you can't understand a thing them Limeys are saying. And, those Brits use them on air rifles. The video I'm looking for, the DIY rig was on a 5.56 and worked well.

Until I can find the vid, what they do is fit an IR video cam, usually a Sony HandiCam, behind a regular scope and also attach a good IR illuminator on the scope. Some use bullet cams and a little monitor that also work good. You sight the scope's cross hairs through the video screen.

And, BTW whore houses have been using green lights for a while, now. The little bugs show up better under green.

I’ve seen a Brit use a Handicam on an air rifle. They even make a cool scope adapter for it, but I doubt it could stand up to a rifle caliber. I know they make an iPhone scope adapter that doesn’t punish the phone much, but haven’t seen anything for a handicam type of camera. I could see it working at least for a little while, though. Just got to get the mount right.

I’ve seen a Brit use a Handicam on an air rifle. They even make a cool scope adapter for it, but I doubt it could stand up to a rifle caliber. I know they make an iPhone scope adapter that doesn’t punish the phone much, but haven’t seen anything for a handicam type of camera. I could see it working at least for a little while, though. Just got to get the mount right.

And the iPhone would need an IR camera. The apps that supposedly turn the iPhone into IR probably don't work.

Back
Top Bottom