Do we have a Perazzi O/U aficionado Member here?

BLIP

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
STOCKS REFINISHED
657   1
Reaction score
Looking to bed a Perazzi guys ear for a minute or two... trying to verse myself on a few small points regarding stocks...

Just taking a shot at it, I very rarely hear any Italian Chatter except from Gunanddoglover Gunanddoglover semi auto love...

Attachments

• 20231107_214648.jpg
    20231107_214648.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 40
Looking to bed a Perazzi guys ear for a minute or two... trying to verse myself on a few small points regarding stocks...

Just taking a shot at it, I very rarely hear any Italian Chatter except from Gunanddoglover Gunanddoglover semi auto love...
I have owned a number of Holland and Holland, Rigby, Purdy, JP Sauer, Beretta (custom shop), shotguns and double rifles over the years so I know a little about high dollar guns. One thing is certain, most people look at the engraving without understanding that no amount of engraving will make a gun a better gun. Perrazi boxlocks can endure perhaps 100k to 200k rounds thru them without shooting loose. In the photos above, the gun is made to look like a back-action side-lock, but the finely engraved plates are false side plates for decoration only. Both of these guns are built on a mono-block, i.e. the action, which is both cnc machined and finished using spark erosion. The engraving may have been touched up by an engraving school.

Do not take me wrong, these Perrazi guns represent are a fabulous piece of workmanship and great photos too

Below is a photo of a Beretta custom shop gun that I once owned: Ignore the engraving for a moment and note the metal to metal fit

Beretta 5.JPG

I have owned a number of Holland and Holland, Rigby, Purdy, JP Sauer, Beretta (custom shop), shotguns and double rifles over the years so I know a little about high dollar guns. One thing is certain, most people look at the engraving without understanding that no amount of engraving will make a gun a better gun. Perrazi boxlocks can endure perhaps 100k to 200k rounds thru them without shooting loose. In the photos above, the gun is made to look like a back-action side-lock, but the finely engraved plates are false side plates for decoration only. Both of these guns are built on a mono-block, i.e. the action, which is both cnc machined and finished using spark erosion. The engraving may have been touched up by an engraving school.

Do not take me wrong, these Perrazi guns represent are a fabulous piece of workmanship and great photos too

Below is a photo of a Beretta custom shop gun that I once owned: Ignore the engraving for a moment and note the metal to metal fit

View attachment 6447865
Do you mind if I shoot you a PM with a couple questions and pictures.

currently I have three of them....2 trap guns MX8 and a TM1, and a field12/20 combo....mine are shooters, no engraving, if that's what you need knowledge on, I wouldn't have much for ya

currently I have three of them....2 trap guns MX8 and a TM1, and a field12/20 combo....mine are shooters, no engraving, if that's what you need knowledge on, I wouldn't have much for ya
The only thing I have heard that was negative about a Perazzi was about a cowboy, one who closes a gun by slamming it shut.....not the fault of the gun at all.

Back
Top Bottom