• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you have camo brand loyalty?

Only 2 requirements are scent lock technology (because I'm in wind a lot) and waterproof. Hate sitting in a tripod with a cold, wet butt! I don't know if I've ever had a matched set except for my socks.

I really started killing the ever loving snot out of the local deer populations once I started using Arcturus leafy camo suits.
This year I switched to the fall foliage because I had bought a set for my buddy for his birthday and I was sold when he played a trick on me in the mountains and clung to a steep rock face that had sparse trees and leaves all over and I walked right past him and never saw him.
You can really disappear in the ground and in trees with this stuff.
It’s crappy material and lightweight but will hold up for years of you avoid razor wire brambles and don’t slip the pant on after you put your boots on.
I still wear my more greenish stuff early season at times but the fall
Foliage is my go to.
I can wear blue jeans and an orange shirt under it and you can’t see through it.
I’ve had deer walk right up me while standing in the middle of a path and never got busted and had a turkey literally sit on my lap.
I’ve used a lot of camo over the years but if you’re a dedicated walker/ stalker this stuff is what you want.
They make a face mask veil in the same fall
Foliage colors to match this suit.
It has 2 zipper pockets in the shirt and a hole on each pant leg to access your pockets from your clothes underneath.
There are a couple quirks but they really don’t concern me much like the elastic waistband in the shirt portion is so tight it makes it hard to initially engage the two zipper halves.
The material is flimsy and it does have a bit of a new car smell that really never washes out but doesent seem to bother deer.
Body odor washes out easily from this material and it’s really breathable.
I probably wouldn’t wear anything else because not only do I like stealth from deer but also from other hunters.
I like to disappear altogether and this stuff will make that happen for you especially on the ground.
For years I was hoping someone would come out with a camo that would actually look like ground cover and blend in.
Well this is it.

Attachments

• 94993E33-FAD4-464E-ACBE-05BD8FC9F846.png
    94993E33-FAD4-464E-ACBE-05BD8FC9F846.png
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 18
  • B45E2965-2312-4136-A618-AD9DD82111E3.png
    B45E2965-2312-4136-A618-AD9DD82111E3.png
    747.6 KB · Views: 17
  • A3ED29AB-1901-4194-91D6-0040E053179E.png
    A3ED29AB-1901-4194-91D6-0040E053179E.png
    777.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 5AD5C983-0BD6-4C22-8A5C-5DA83EBE20CD.png
    5AD5C983-0BD6-4C22-8A5C-5DA83EBE20CD.png
    984.3 KB · Views: 17
I have got a bit of everything, but don't think it really makes a difference. I've killed nice deer while wearing my leafy suit, but also while wearing blue jeans. Vincent Vega Vincent Vega , I DO have a Trebark coverall in my closet, but it is 35 years old, and somehow has shrunk. LOL
I have a jacket and bibs that are a heavy fleece, in the original Trebark pattern.
100% agree. A lightweight wool system is a game changer.
Most definitely!

I think cut and fit are the most important things. I like a pair of coveralls in tree bark (handmade I bought a couple of years ago off eBay) and overalls in advantage timber. I do think those patterns match where I hunt though. I bought some in alpenflage to try just because.

Most everything I hunt out of has a shooting rail so I use burlap or similar to break up my silhouette. I've found that regardless of camo my exposed face stood out so a mesh turkey head net made a difference.

Most importantly play the wind. Years ago I hunted a place backing up to a huge pig farm. I could eat Mexican five days in a row and hunt in 25 mph winds and still see deer.

Back
Top Bottom