• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you take Lantus Insulin

pawpawof3

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
0   0
Reaction score
I hate to do this and I feel bad for asking and admin if this is not ok I understand if you delete.Today I hit the coverage gap with my Part D medicare ins.That means I now have to spend like $4000 before they will start paying for my medicine again.the do still pay a small % but it doesn't go far on the price of 3 bottles of Lantus a month.My co-pay went from $40 last month to $330 this month and we just don't have it.I am not alt all asking for money I am asking if anyone uses Lantus ans has a surplus and could spare a coulpe of vials.I am sending in paperwork to the company that makes it this week to see if I can get it free from them but that will take about 3 to 4 weeks.and I can cut down on my dose but not that much.If you can help I would be so thankful and if not say a prayer you can call my hm ph at 706 625 0468.the machine may answer just say calling about insulin and I will pu we screen.I am new here and am kind of embarrassed to have to ask but sometimes we have to.Thanks for reading my post.Bobby burns

Insulan can be purchased without a rx. I know from experience . Humulin N at least

Wow I stand corrected.

[h=1]States that require a prescription for insulin and/or syringes[/h]
State
Insulin
See Note #1
Syringes
Notes
AlabamaNoNo
AlaskaYesYesSome pharmacies may sell either without an RX
ArizonaNoNoEven though permitted, some pharmacies require an RX for both.
ArkansasNoNo
CaliforniaNoNoEven though permitted, some pharmacies require an RX for both.
ColoradoNoNoEven though permitted, some pharmacies require an RX for both.
ConnecticutNoYesResidents mat get a 10-day supply of syringes without an RX.
DelawareNoYes
District of ColumbiaNoNoNo for syringes if you have a diabetes mellitus ID if syringes are purchased with insulin.
FloridaNoYes/NoSome counties may require an RX for syringes; most do not.
GeorgiaNoNo
HawaiiNoUnknown
IdahoNoNoPhoto identification may be required for syringes.
IllinoisNoNoYou do need a prescription to purchase more than 20 syringes at one time.
IndianaNoNoYou must sign a register for the purchase of syringes.
IowaNoNo
KansasNoYes/NoMost pharmacies will sell syringes if they are being purchased with insulin.
KentuckyNoNo
LouisianaNoNo
MaineNoYes
MarylandNoNoYou must sign a register for the purchase of syringes.
MassachusettsNoYes
MichiganNoNo
MinnesotaNoNoSome pharmacies may require a prescription for insulin that has unlimited refills (life time Rx).
MississippiNoNo
MissouriNoNo
MontanaNoNo
NebraskaNoNo
NevadaNoNo
New HampshireNoNo
New JerseyNoYesThe requirement for an Rx for syringes may be waived with photo identification.
New MexicoNoNo
New YorkNoNoPharmacies can dispense up to 10 syringes at their discretion without a prescription but you must be 18 years or older.
North CarolinaNoNo
North DakotaNoNo
OhioNoNo
OklahomaNoNo/YesSome local areas may require an Rx for syringes.
OregonNoNo
PennsylvaniaNoYes
Rhode IslandNoNo
South CarolinaNoNo
South DakotaNoNo
TennesseeNoNo
TexasNoNo/YesSome regions may require an Rx for syringes.
UtahNoNo/YesSome pharmacies will require an Rx for syringes and some pharmacies may refuse to sell syringes after 10 p.m. even if you have a prescription on file.
VermontNoNo
VirginiaNo/YesNo
Washington (state)NoNo
West VirginiaNoNo
WisconsinNoNo
WyomingNoNo

Lantus is long acting 24 hour same as the Novalin N that I'm on. I get the Novalin N (Relion N) at Walmart $25 a vial. And now that I know I dont need an Rx I can just go buy it and not have a $75 co-pay. Lots cheaper. also save me a DR visit to renew an Rx.

Lol @ states that have to have RX for insulin and rx for needles. That makes no sense at all. If drug users can't get needles they reuse them causing infection and share them causing the spread of disease.

Last edited:
Lantus is long acting 24 hour same as the Novalin N that I'm on. I get the Novalin N (Relion N) at Walmart $25 a vial. And now that I know I dont need an Rx I can just go buy it and not have a $75 co-pay. Lots cheaper. also save me a DR visit to renew an Rx.

More money for guns and ammo

Back
Top Bottom