• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Do you take Lantus Insulin

I went round and round with my insurance. I was prescribed about 200u a day and that works out to 5+ vials a month. They would only pay for 3 per month. Thats why I was switched to the WalMart version of Relion N. Thanks guys. To the OP if you need a vial I'll go to WalMart and buy you one. PM me. I have plenty of the Humalog (short fast acting)

Thanks Shovelhead I did not know about the Novalin N Relion brand I will check with my dr for a dose conversion from lantus to Novalin n.beeen taking 62 units of Lantus at night. Thanks guys But Zeake not sure what the LOL is for but I can asure you this is no laughing matter my life depends on me having the insulin to take and if that is funny to you then so be I just hope you never have a life threatning illness and have trouble paying for the only medicine that can keep you alive.

Thanks Shovelhead I did not know about the Novalin N Relion brand I will check with my dr for a dose conversion from lantus to Novalin n.beeen taking 62 units of Lantus at night. Thanks guys But Zeake not sure what the LOL is for but I can asure you this is no laughing matter my life depends on me having the insulin to take and if that is funny to you then so be I just hope you never have a life threatning illness and have trouble paying for the only medicine that can keep you alive.
PawPaw good luck. It's funny but Walmart fills my Rx for Relion N with ... get this Novalin N. Go figure. Zeake I think was just responding to my remark about being corrected on the need for a script.... I'm going to go to Walmart in the next few days to get insulin without an Rx script see if they give me crap.

My LOL was the post about the state regs. Insulin is certainly no laughing matter. It should not be an RX to buy it. What if you are out of town and your insulin gets damaged or stolen.

Government bureaucracy at its finest denying what you need to stay alive. SMH

Luckily for me my dog is the diabetic in the house. She only needs 10 units a day at the moment. $110 a bottle after taxes and I have heard that humulin N is the cheap stuff. Every pharmacy has given me a hard time until I got my vet to write a script. One cvs pharmacy in Alabama refused to sell me needles. I almost told that stupid pharmacist how dumb she was. Right after that incident I went straight to walmart and with zero problems bought enough needles to last a few months.

Went to walmart today and bought Relion n with no script and no questions.I took NPH which is what this is before I started the Lantus they just work differently so I will have to moniter closer for a few days till I get the dose right.Thanks guys for all the comments and help.

Back
Top Bottom