• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dobsonfly

CliffB

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
So my wife just called me outside to look at something and after a little research apparently it was a female Dobsonfly. Research says they are typically only found near water sources which is strange since the lake/creek/river are several hundred yards from my house. It also says they become adults, live for a week producing babies, then die. Hell of a life. Anyways 29 years old and this is the first i have ever seen. The larvae apparently make great fishing bait.

11707822_10153180070303300_9044260990887462867_n.jpg

Thanks for posting this, and your timing couldn't have been better. We saw one of these at a zipline office in eastern Kentucky on Saturday and were wondering what the hell it was. The darned things are huge.

Thanks for posting this, and your timing couldn't have been better. We saw one of these at a zipline office in eastern Kentucky on Saturday and were wondering what the hell it was. The darned things are huge.

This one was a good 2-3". Also i did notice he was hung like a racehorse but i didn't want to be "that guy" for pointing it out. Glad Nonlib did that for me.

This one was a good 2-3". Also i did notice he was hung like a racehorse but i didn't want to be "that guy" for pointing it out. Glad Nonlib did that for me.
The Dobbsfly is a bit different than the Dobsonfly. Aside from the obvious huge penis, it is also a more rotund creature with less dense hair on the head but a far furrier thorax.

This whole comparison between a Dobbsfly and a Dobsonfly is getting quite disturbing. Hopefully you do not post pictures of it's anatomy to show the differences.

This whole comparison between a Dobbsfly and a Dobsonfly is getting quite disturbing. Hopefully you do not post pictures of it's anatomy to show the differences.
I could probably get a pic of the Dobbsfly's penis if you really need to see it.

Back
Top Bottom