Dodge transmission

grayelky

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
14   1
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota, V6 and auto tranny. It has less than 40,000 miles. My paw-in-law bought it new, and when he passed away 2 years ago, it was given to me. I have put 10,000 miles on it. I know the mileage is correct. I also know it has not been abused. The fluid level is okay, and it seems normal.

It will not go into reverse. When you put it in "R", you can feel the truck trying to go forward ever so slightly. I have had one fella tell me it is just a Dodge transmission. I know they have a rep for going out, but less than 40,000 miles? Any suggestions? Like so many others, I can't afford $1800 for a rebuild, and buying another vehicle is out of the question.

Thanks

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota, V6 and auto tranny. It has less than 40,000 miles. My paw-in-law bought it new, and when he passed away 2 years ago, it was given to me. I have put 10,000 miles on it. I know the mileage is correct. I also know it has not been abused. The fluid level is okay, and it seems normal.

It will not go into reverse. When you put it in "R", you can feel the truck trying to go forward ever so slightly. I have had one fella tell me it is just a Dodge transmission. I know they have a rep for going out, but less than 40,000 miles? Any suggestions? Like so many others, I can't afford $1800 for a rebuild, and buying another vehicle is out of the question.

Thanks

Fairly common in those trucks. You get me a used trany and I will put it in for cash or trade.

Back
Top Bottom