• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

F150 Transmission Malfunction

Coach

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
25   0
Reaction score
I have a 2005 F150 that had the engine light come on, code was internal transmission error.
I couldn’t notice any problems in it shifting seemed fine. I just had a new engine installed and
Everything seemed ok. They reset the light I drove it about 20 miles, still ok, parked at the store.
Came out and It didn’t make it out of the parking lot. Light on the dash said TRANSMISSION MALFUNCTION.
Any buddy experienced this, I’m taking it to a transmission shop, but was just wondering could it be something
minor like a $1500 fix or is this probably going to take a new transmission.

I’ve seen that, mine turned out to be the MAF mass air flow sensor causing the transmission to shift funny. Much cheaper than a transmission rebuild

I have a 2005 F150 that had the engine light come on, code was internal transmission error.
I couldn’t notice any problems in it shifting seemed fine. I just had a new engine installed and
Everything seemed ok. They reset the light I drove it about 20 miles, still ok, parked at the store.
Came out and It didn’t make it out of the parking lot. Light on the dash said TRANSMISSION MALFUNCTION.
Any buddy experienced this, I’m taking it to a transmission shop, but was just wondering could it be something
minor like a $1500 fix or is this probably going to take a new transmission.
It's probably some sensor or something that didn't get plugged in or came loose after the engine install. If its shifting fine it could be something as cheap as a piece of duck tape over the light...lol. All kidding aside, its probably something simple especially if the transmission is acting normal. Every time I have had a Ford transmission act up there was no doubt it was acting up.

It was running normal, but when I came out of the store and started it up, that's when the
transmission Malfunction sign came on. At the point it won't let the engine rev up so you
can't move.

It was running normal, but when I came out of the store and started it up, that's when the
transmission Malfunction sign came on. At the point it won't let the engine rev up so you
can't move.
If it is in limp mode looks like it might need some further attention.

Never-never clear codes or lights without looking into possible problems/malfunctions ....... hence there is a reason seats fully recline. ........... for you to relax while waiting on tow truck

Now a days something as simple as a vacuum leak can cause a code to be thrown and light up the MIL .
Unless you have some experience with the newer ones, let someone look it over that knows what they are doing.
I understand cost . But they aren’t as simple as they used to be. If you are close to time to get your tag and you are in a covered county you won’t be able to get one until it passes an emissions inspection and that MIL will cause a failure.

I would definitely start with the guys that just worked on it to see if they left a plug or hose loose.

Back
Top Bottom