Does antifreeze go bad?

Yeah, I've got no way to know. The stuff in the truck is whatever was OEM. The stuff on the shelf is both Prestone. Different labels, no doubt from different years.
I just checked, one has actually never been opened and still has the foil seal. Oldest date I can find printed on the label is 1999 (but it's not a mfg date). Oldest on the opened gallon is 1990. :suspicious:

its just as long as its the same color stuff, should be red or green. had a buddy that mixed the two without knowing and it gunked his whole radiator up

its just as long as its the same color stuff, should be red or green. had a buddy that mixed the two without knowing and it gunked his whole radiator up
I wonder if there was something else he wasn't aware of causing that. I don't mix brands or type very often, but the few times I have I let them ride without any negative issues.

I wonder if there was something else he wasn't aware of causing that. I don't mix brands or type very often, but the few times I have I let them ride without any negative issues.

Seen this many times at dealer and all was due someone mixing
It will also eat the inside up damage engine
And seen causing pitting

Back
Top Bottom