• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anybody here on the ODT shoot the 17 Fireball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

linebacker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
I have a friend who has a Remington SPS 700 in 17 fireball with a BSA scope with lit crosshairs for sale and I am curious about it. Does anybody here shoot the 17 fireball or have any experience with one? Any other details would be helpful. Availability of ammo etc?
Thanks in advance, Mike

Here is a picture of it.

V95959C6B.jpg

I have always wanted one lol. It is a 221 fireball necked down to 17 caliber. Very good varmit cartridge out to about 250 yards, especially if you like to see your target explode through the cross hairs. I am not even sure if Remington chambers rifles for it anymore. Factory ammo will be pricy and probably only obtained through mail order. If it is like the 221 fireball it could be loaded with pistol powders. I have had two 17 Remington's and regret getting rid of the second since I never even got a chance to shoot it. It was a Remington 700 LVSF. I traded it for my son a 4 wheeler.

If it was me I would buy it but I don't know what you plan on using it for!! Your not likely to run up on another!!!

I have always wanted one lol. It is a 221 fireball necked down to 17 caliber. Very good varmit cartridge out to about 250 yards, especially if you like to see your target explode through the cross hairs. I am not even sure if Remington chambers rifles for it anymore. Factory ammo will be pricy and probably only obtained through mail order. If it is like the 221 fireball it could be loaded with pistol powders. I have had two 17 Remington's and regret getting rid of the second since I never even got a chance to shoot it. It was a Remington 700 LVSF. I traded it for my son a 4 wheeler.

If it was me I would buy it but I don't know what you plan on using it for!! Your not likely to run up on another!!!

thanks for the info. I had never even heard of a 17 Fireball until today is why I am asking. He says he uses it for coyotes. It looks to be in good shape. What price range would you put it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom