• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone have / had an 05-08 XJ / XK Jaguar ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
Years ago I had a Series 1 and Series 2 XJ6.

I have a bit of a hankering for the last of the old style XJ but I'm a little hesitant given the miles they have by now.

Does anyone that has / had one have any feedback on reliability / problem areas ?

Their Lincoln half brothers were as bad or worse. After graduating college during a bad job market, I found myself working in automotive repair carrying multiple ASEs. I soon discovered which vehicles that I would and would not own. God has blessed me greatly, and while not wealthy I live a life that I could have never dreamed as a boy. I say that not to be prideful, but to show how God has blessed me while my family has lived in his will. I could still be a greasy low paid mechanic. My wife Drives a Honda, and I drive an F 150. Those didn't wind up on my lift for repair very often. BMW makes the best sport luxury by a wide margin. Benz isn't what it once was, and the others aren't worth mentioning. Owning a Jag of that vintage would be like having a house payment and an hoa fee to pay. Even the window regulators broke frequently.

As a footnote to my previous post, with the improved economy, there is a lot of money to be made in the industry again. If you are thinking about entering into the industry. Go to a high line of vehicles, since the wealthy don't have recessions. To do that would mean an improved technical education. For the cost of that schooling, there are easier ways to make a living, that are not commission based, and don't destroy your body. I have friends who stayed in it, and are doing better that five years ago.

I appreciate the input, but anyone actually own / owned an 05-08 XJ8 ?

I don't mind working on them, but some types of repairs are beyond me.

Back
Top Bottom