• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Does anyone know of a real, honest to God shoe repair shop in Georgia?

The Leatherman Shoe and Leather Repair Cumming, GA

It's in a little shopping center right across Hwy 9 (Atlanta Rd.) from Forsyth County gun and pawn, which is now out of business. Downtown Cumming.

I have had them replace the soles on one pair of dress shoes for me, and I think while I was there picking them up 10 days later, I bought a pair of lightly-used work boots that they had re-soled and were offering for sale.
No Waaaaayyyyy.

Dont mean to hi jack the thread but...when i go on their website, Im redirected to a different place? https://www.forsythfirearms.com/
Anyone know any more details

1705116973073.png

1705116995979.png

Long way from Macon but there’s a good cobbler in downtown Gainesville at the corner of EE Butler & Jesse Jewell pkwy. They’ve re-soled & done heel repair for me… been awhile though.

A place where people work and answer the phone. Not one of the dozens of hobbyists that polish shoes part-time to supplement their SSI disability checks and have not set up the voicemail boxes on their phones.

A real shoe shop with a leather stitching machine that can and will resole boots within a year of drop off? God help me but I miss living in Cincinnati (Ran's Shoe Repair) and Chicago.
This is going to sound funny, but it’s serious, check out one of those Mexican western boot/ clothes outlet near you. They get a lot of custom stuff done to boots, belts, hats . good luck.

This is going to sound funny, but it’s serious, check out one of those Mexican western boot/ clothes outlet near you. They get a lot of custom stuff done to boots, belts, hats . good luck.
You may be on to something. White folks won't spend money on footwear repair anymore.

But, Mexicans are going to have good, well serviced boots on for Saturday night. I'll check out at Smiley's this weekend.

You may be on to something. White folks won't spend money on footwear repair anymore.

But, Mexicans are going to have good, well serviced boots on for Saturday night. I'll check out at Smiley's this weekend.
Unfortunately, Hart's on Watson Blvd shut down years back. He was really good. Did a few pairs of boots for me.

Back
Top Bottom