• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Does anyone use big floor speakers any more?

I bought a Sony 5 +1 800 watt surround system a couple years ago - what a disappointment. Sounded OK and surround was good, but no power. When I listen to music I want to be able to hear / feel it.

They have been through several moves when I was deployed, then got married, survived 2 small kids, still thump with a total of 8 8" subs and Sony receiver, thought about updating them but why? Never opted for the cassette deck, they were disappearing in 97'. Hey if you got a VCR you wanna get rid of I need one LOL. kids wanna watch Christmas story and Christmas Vacation but JR. broke the VCR.

Every Pawn shop in America has 20 VCR's for $20.00... We still use them because we bought a crap load of VCR kid movies years ago.

Bass requires space

This. My guitar speaker cabs vary drastically in tone due mostly to cab volume. Speaker voicing has a large part as well, but a great speaker in a inappropriate sized cab will not perform as it should.

Their is also specs in regards to closed back, open back, port size, etc....that all effect your quality of sound. Look inside a Bose wave radio as a reference..lol

Every Pawn shop in America has 20 VCR's for $20.00... We still use them because we bought a crap load of VCR kid movies years ago.

We've got a crap ton of them too, mostly kids movies and Christmas movies. I see them all the time for cheap too, maybe I'm too cheap to break down and buy one. I don't even have a Bluray player yet.

Back
Top Bottom