• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

does Steak and Shake cater to a certain crowd?

Xcaliber

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
just wondering because it felt like I stepped back in time. right away, I noticed a customer gave me the evil eye stare. I saw an associate clear away a table earlier. Later, as I was throwing away my tray, an associate yelled out for us to clear away the rest of the table (only so much I could carry at the time). I'm asian and I am perfectly OK if your place caters to a certain crowd, I just need to know so I can avoid it, forever... it's been like 10 years since I've been in 1.

just wondering because it felt like I stepped back in time. right away, I noticed a customer gave me the evil eye stare. I saw an associate clear away a table earlier. Later, as I was throwing away my tray, an associate yelled out for us to clear away the rest of the table (only so much I could carry at the time). I'm asian and I am perfectly OK if your place caters to a certain crowd, I just need to know so I can avoid it, forever... it's been like 10 years since I've been in 1.
I don’t think they cater to a certain crowd. That was rude of them to yell out about clearing the rest of the table. I just everybody else said I would of just left the tray, back on the table. On what side of town was this? When in Rome, do as the Romans do…. They would of yelled out about the table, I would of yelled out “ SHDDDDDD JU BETTA AX SUMBODY AND DROPPED THE TRAY ON THE GROUND, walked over and cleared my table on the ground.

Ive been there and always seen all sorts of folks eating there. I would not judge an entire franchise because one employee could have just been having a bad day. I know we live in a society where we are not supposed to have off days and we write off the world due to one experience. It may have been because you are Asian but it could have been another reason. Do you know they were hollering at you or could they have been hollering at another employee? May have been a good time to speak to the manager to find out rather than allowing us to speculate.

Back
Top Bottom