• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Dog Euthanized After Sunday Stabbing Incident At PetSmart (Newnan)

The story has been updated now...
I was wondering where in the world some of these comments were coming from. :confused:
The entire affair sounds like a royal cluster for everyone involved. The kid yelling for his dad to stop is particularly heart wrenching. Stuff happens. :(

He "warned" to not let the pitbull near him with no provocation what so ever, the guy hates the breed from the get go and acts aggressive. If people get aggressive so will dogs in the situation. Not that the pitbull is blameless, but what if you had a lab and some guy walked by you and said, "if that dog comes near me I'll stab it".

I would make very sure that my lab did not go anywhere near that guy.

If we're going to completely change the story why does the yippy dog get to be personified but not the pit? Let's say they're both kids. The yippy dog is a two year old who was attacked by a larger, let's say eight year old, kid.

Would you stab the eight year old multiple times?
My answer now changes to yes.

This is a serious question, exactly how many 8 yo's do you know that could withstand an average sized male adult hitting and kicking once much less multiple times??
No, it wasn't a serious question. Sorry you mistook it for one.

It was to make a point about how silly it is to change yippy dog to your child just so you could give some macho response on the interwebs about how you'd destroy the pit bull.(not you particularly but the other responses)

I would make very sure that my lab did not go anywhere near that guy.

You remind me of my lawschool mates.

We read a case where a gang banger tells a woman not to go down Xstreet or she'll get robbed. She decides that she won't live her life directed by the thugs on her walk home so she walks on Xstreet. The same gangbanger who warned her robbed her and she shoots him and kills him. Hell half of the class said she didn't have the right to defense because she knowingly walked into a dangerous situation therefore instigating the attack. I couldn't believe it, these people actually think a bully should be able to control the risks he takes by threatening people.

Of course still using the original article, not the updated story as the basis for the hypothetical.

We read a case where a gang banger tells a woman not to go down Xstreet or she'll get robbed. She decides that she won't live her life directed by the thugs on her walk home so she walks on Xstreet. The same gangbanger who warned her robbed her and she shoots him and kills him. Hell half of the class said she didn't have the right to defense because she knowingly walked into a dangerous situation therefore instigating the attack. I couldn't believe it, these people actually think a bully should be able to control the risks he takes by threatening people.
I'm sure if a group of skin heads went to a New Black Panther rally just to see what was going on and then got attacked and killed everyone there under 'self defense' Holder would do the 'right' thing and not prosecute the skin heads.

The story has been updated now that the reporter has had a chance to interview more witnesses. The original article, which relied heavily on the pb handlers account of the incident, now appears to be a serious CYA attempt by the handler.

According to the update, the pb broke free from it's handler, ran for the yipper and bit down on its neck, the yippers owner hit and kicked the pb but it wouldn't drop the yipper so he started stabbing the pb which still didn't convince the pb to drop the yipper. Someone from petsmart sprayed the pb with something and if finally dropped the yipper.

According to the update, the pb had been in foster care for over half of it's life and had been banned from other adoption events because it was not "dog or cat tolerant" and did not "do well" at the adoption events. Based the the history of the pb, which was not reported in the first article, I'm guessing the handler knew they were in trouble the second the pb broke away from them.

Sounds like the yipper owner was protecting his yipper. As others have stated, I wasn't there, but if another dog put a death grip on my dog and would not let go after seriously trying to stop the attack, I would have to take further steps to ensure the safety of my dog. I LOVE dogs and would not want to harm another. But if it was my dog's safety at hand, I would do what I had to do. Sounds like this is the case with the yipper owner.

Of course still using the original article, not the updated story as the basis for the hypothetical.

Of course. ;)

I see your point but it's not a very good one...in the case of the woman and the gang banger you have two sentient, self-aware people making decisions for themselves. In the case of the lab and the guy who will stab it if it gets too close, you have a third party, incapable of making choices based on threats and thereby I am making decisions for it.

Back
Top Bottom