Don’t F with guns if you don’t know what you’re doing

Sorry, but you completely misunderstood my comments.

I am conversant with Google and use it frequently but there was nothing in the first post that could be googled. And posting the graphic and asking what it represented would not have given me any insight into it's meaning. Your picture seemed to suggest at best, an example of a botched up trigger job, and at worst, an example of an illegal trigger job (i.e. full auto.).

I certainly wasn't asking for comprehensive instructions and a detailed description on how to change/replace/upgrade the firing mechanism on a Glock. (nothing against Glocks, just not my personal preference).

A simple caption on the picture would have sufficed. e.g. "what happens when you try to replace/upgrade a trigger assembly on a Glock but don't know what you are doing".

Is that too much to ask?

Yes, it is too much to ask. You weren’t part of my intended audience. I provided exactly the amount of information that I wanted to share.

I post what I want to post, about what I want to post, knowing that some folks will enjoy it, and some will not. If you didn’t like it, go find someone else’s post that you like.

My post was intended for folks that know Glocks, and know how to properly assemble one. For those folks, I did not need to go into detail. For everyone else, I don’t want to.

Sorry, but you completely misunderstood my comments.

I am conversant with Google and use it frequently but there was nothing in the first post that could be googled. And posting the graphic and asking what it represented would not have given me any insight into it's meaning. Your picture seemed to suggest at best, an example of a botched up trigger job, and at worst, an example of an illegal trigger job (i.e. full auto.).

I certainly wasn't asking for comprehensive instructions and a detailed description on how to change/replace/upgrade the firing mechanism on a Glock. (nothing against Glocks, just not my personal preference).

A simple caption on the picture would have sufficed. e.g. "what happens when you try to replace/upgrade a trigger assembly on a Glock but don't know what you are doing".

Is that too much to ask?

Apparently so.

Not sure who pissed in OP’s cheerios today but the pic shows the connector installed on top of the trigger bar instead of the other way around. I don’t know how that particular connector is designed so there may be something else going on there, but I don’t think we needed a forensic armorer’s analysis for that little context. But it’s his post to provide as much or as little info as desired.

On a separate note, I don’t get the hype around aftermarket connectors. They lighten the pull a bit, but the trigger turns to complete mush. Completely useless IMO.

Yes, it is too much to ask. You weren’t part of my intended audience. I provided exactly the amount of information that I wanted to share.

I post what I want to post, about what I want to post, knowing that some folks will enjoy it, and some will not. If you didn’t like it, go find someone else’s post that you like.

My post was intended for folks that know Glocks, and know how to properly assemble one. For those folks, I did not need to go into detail. For everyone else, I don’t want to.

Fair enough, this tells me all I need to know. Personally, when I post on the ODT I expect that it will be read by everyone and his dog, and if there are any questions or criticisms then fire away, and I'll do my utmost to respond.

One of the best things we have going on this site is the free exchange of information and ideas and it is refreshing and rewarding to witness those with experience and expertise sharing this with other lesser informed members. It's what makes the ODT and America great.

Fair enough, this tells me all I need to know. Personally, when I post on the ODT I expect that it will be read by everyone and his dog, and if there are any questions or criticisms then fire away, and I'll do my utmost to respond.

One of the best things we have going on this site is the free exchange of information and ideas and it is refreshing and rewarding to witness those with experience and expertise sharing this with other lesser informed members. It's what makes the ODT and America great.

I guess you missed the part where I invited folks into my home where I would educate them in person, using my tools and guns.......which is something that I do on a regular basis.

I guess you missed the part where I invited folks into my home where I would educate them in person, using my tools and guns.......which is something that I do on a regular basis.
Quote: "One of the best things we have going on this site is the free exchange of information and ideas...." I don't think this is the same as...Quote: "I’ve got a shop at my house, where I’ll happily teach folks IN PERSON how to do it. You wanna learn in person, hit me up. Don’t have a Glock? We can use one of mine."

Don't get me wrong, if I have a problem with a firearm I will gladly pay a professional to isolate the problem and fix it, recognizing that sometimes free advice is only worth exactly what one pays for it.

Anyway, I think we have exhausted this topic. Like me, I'm guessing you may have grown tired of discussing this with someone whom you didn't want to see the post in the first place, so I'll bow out now so you can spend your time on other more worthwhile pursuits. Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom