• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don’t use any gunsmith

Uhhh...Welcome Back...in advance...
7AB04B93-4435-4731-BFC4-859030F12D81.gif

Most gunsmiths don't work on AKs.

Go to the AKFILES.COM and look for dallas.moore. see if he will take the work. Great builder.

Akfiles.com is where I learned to build.

That sucks. The bad part about it is, the job should only take an hour and a half, it's actually pretty easy for someone with the tools. If he's closer, talk to that Randy fellow, otherwise Len Savage at historic arms in Franklin is the next option. Len can do anything. I'd offer to do it, but I've moved from McDonough to about 1 mile from the Alabama border. You actually have to drive past Len Savages place to get to me, and that's how he makes his bread and butter. Lens prices are also very fair.

I've done about a dozen builds. I'd say it's over an hour......to set heads pacing and make sure GB and FSB are straight. Then, u gotta drill pin holes.

i m trying to make heads and tails of what your pictures show, it looks like you had a romanian draco or something similar (judging by the "used" barrel and the front sight base/gas block combo)? am i seeing that correctly? if so why was the barrel being replaced to make it an sbr? or was this a kit with a cut barrel?

either way, John Craig, is in GA, has been building ak's of all variants for a very long time. i do not have his contact info, i see him at gun shows from time to time, matter of fact i talked to him at his booth at Knob Creek this last weekend. he can install and headspace your barrel, as well as all the barrel components. iirc he started out long ago for ingram building mak sub guns. He can do anything you need him to do ak wise. he is a class 2 s.o.t dealer. but again sorry i do not have his contact info

Don’t use any gunsmith
sometimes you just don't know
I had a bad experience also
took a Mustang for a trigger change to a local Smith
got it back with a scratch at the pin
needless to say i won't be going back to Adairsville

Back
Top Bottom