• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Don’t use any gunsmith

So after 3 months and not one phone call by the Gun Pro Shop in Elijah on highway 515. I called today to see the progress on a barrel swap they were doing for me,for an sbr ak rifle. Dude on phone said the boy working on it can’t seem to make it into work anymore and they didn’t have anybody else to do the work. I dropped a complete working rifle off in one piece and I ended up picking up a box of parts. Now the rifle was ceracoted non scratched and when I got the box of gun parts back they were all scrached and marked up. The old barrel was pulled and the new barrel put in not head spaced yet, is as far as they got in 3 months. I highly recommend you do not take your ak rifle to them, hell I wouldn’t take a palmetto rifle to them after this. This is a nfa item gun, I can’t just sell the damn thing. Now I gotta find a smith to fix there mistake and it will cost me more now then if I brought someone a whole rifle. What the hell do I do guys.

They need to fix your RIFLE, I still use Aces & Eights gunsmith, he's been my gunsmith guy for the last 7 years. He may take his time but his work is Excellent.

So after 3 months and not one phone call by the Gun Pro Shop in Elijah on highway 515. I called today to see the progress on a barrel swap they were doing for me,for an sbr ak rifle. Dude on phone said the boy working on it can’t seem to make it into work anymore and they didn’t have anybody else to do the work. I dropped a complete working rifle off in one piece and I ended up picking up a box of parts. Now the rifle was ceracoted non scratched and when I got the box of gun parts back they were all scrached and marked up. The old barrel was pulled and the new barrel put in not head spaced yet, is as far as they got in 3 months. I highly recommend you do not take your ak rifle to them, hell I wouldn’t take a palmetto rifle to them after this. This is a nfa item gun, I can’t just sell the damn thing. Now I gotta find a smith to fix there mistake and it will cost me more now then if I brought someone a whole rifle. What the hell do I do guys.
That is what they have courts for. Somebody gets screwed, somebody gets sued.

I just want my gun put back together the way it was before they dropped the ball.[/
Small clams court for sure it’s there shop they are responsible for there worker
Just save any and all Receipts for work to fix it belive the limit is up to $2,000.00 for small clams good luck

Buhler Ballistics in Louisiana is one of the best I know

There aren't any AK guys left around. I hated working on them so bad I quit years ago.

Unfortunately this applies to me as well. I'm not really an AK or SKS guy. In your particular situation I'd do all I can to help you but I'm not set up to do what you need done with that thing now. I can't recommend anyone in this Blue Ridge/Ellijay area to do the work either. What I would do is contact one of these other people that have been recommended and have them give you a quote for everything you need done to make it right. I'd then approach Bill with the quote prior to getting the work done and have him put in writing that he will take care of it.

If you need anything else done in this North GA area check with me first. You won't have this type of experience with me. If we can do it, it'll be done right. If we can't do it I'll let you know up front and try and help you find someone who can.

Back
Top Bottom