• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Donate to AZ so they can build fence themselves.

No thanks. Let's just take over Mexico by legalizing drugs and let our gov mfg them so they can ave a standard. Tax the crap out if it then use part of profit to help addicts get off drugs. Then take over mexico with a phone call. Then no amnesty u are part of us pay your taxes.

I can see how in a thread about border security, when someone suggests that a fence is not necessary and that anyone imposed to illegal immigration or that suggests 12+/- million people is an 'invasion' is simply arguing on 'emotion', clarifying their position on an open border is a straw man.

I already stated that my opinion is that this fence is NOT primarily about border security. The real threats use much more sophisticated means of entering undetected. Building a fence may stop the Home Depot lurkers, but it won't do anything to stop the real threats. If you refer to a non-hostile [illegal] arrival of 12 million people into a country of 300 million as an "invasion", then it seems to me you hold some type of resentment toward the invaders. So, yes, it's very much based on emotion. They are not the British army, nor are they insects, although many would beg to differ.

Strider's response was certainly more open borders but since you both replied back to back I figured it was a simple yes or no clarification. People believe all sorts of things, including that illegals are not a problem. Toda persona tiene derecho a su propia opinión.

I believe we are a nation of laws, so generally speaking I do not support "open borders" in the sense to which I believe you are referring. I'm glad your parents emigrated to the States legally, that's the beauty of this country. Albeit, it was much much easier to get a visa into the US back when your grandparents did so.

You seem to have a crabs-in-the-bucket attitude toward those who weren't as fortunate to be land owners or know someone in the government to get a visa issued without being on a 13 year waiting list. I never said they weren't a problem, but they aren't THE problem. They come here looking for work and they find it. Yes, we all have a right to our opinion, y que lastima que tienes la que tienes. ;)

Back
Top Bottom