• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

DoubleTap Ammo, who else uses their amazing ammo?

DirtDiver99

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
42   0
Reaction score
Years ago I was introduced to a little known gem (at the time) in the ammo would, called DoubleTap Ammo. The owner started the company because at the time there was a lack of decent 10mm ammo. Anyway their blog tells the rest of the story, but I've always had an awesome experience with this company, and their stuff is amazing. They load ammo the way it outta be made, so when you look at their ballistics that's where they really shine.

They're not cheap, but they haven't raised prices from what I can tell. I figured I'd mention them here for those people paying insane amounts of money for ammo. If you want great defensive loads, this is your place. And no, I am not in any way affiliated with them.

Who else uses them?

I think they used to have Golden Saber bullets, but I've always used Gold Dots from them. Now they're called Bonded Defense, but they're still Gold Dots.

The other bullet I really like is Winchester Ranger SXT / T series...good stuff, I wish Double Tap made some ammo with those bullets.

I have them in several calibers & like them but have noticed they, or at least my rounds in 9mm & .40, are more prone to bullet setback if the round is repeatedly loaded into the chamber. (See photo below). Like the crimp isn't real tight possibly. I watch & inspect all of the rounds that get loaded & unloaded for use in classes for this & it is something to watch our for.
Other than that I really like them. Maybe mine were an isolated incident. I would buy them again though... good stuff.

Last edited:
Yow, that's not good. I've never noticed it, but I'll keep an eye on that for sure. Did you try to contact them to see if they have any other issues, perhaps with your batch or time period that you ordered?

Yow, that's not good. I've never noticed it, but I'll keep an eye on that for sure. Did you try to contact them to see if they have any other issues, perhaps with your batch or time period that you ordered?

No. I probably load/ unload quite a bit more than moat people.
Whether we're on the range or in the classroom my guns are constantly being loaded & unloaded but my factory CCI/ Speer Golddots aren't as prone to setback it seems.

Back
Top Bottom