• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Shoots

Any dove shoots around the Northwest area being planned?

With Pine Log closed I’m sol at the moment.
Yeah man, that sucks for sure. I hunted the opener at PL last year. That was the quickest 15 bird limit I’ve ever gotten!
I had enough points to draw it again too, I only applied for a point this year.

Still looking

17e2v4l48vk31.jpg

Berry College used to have a good shoot every year
I went to Mackentire VPA this morning before dawn. When sun came up, no birds, no crop to speak of. Then went on Coosawattee, fields didn't make a crop except for weeds. Then went to Berry College. Gate was closed. Decided to not walk in and look. I don`t trust gate to be open in the morning, and don`t figure the fields are good , either. Went home. I put my two points on Dawson Forest, with no results. Miss Pinelog.

I went to Mackentire VPA this morning before dawn. When sun came up, no birds, no crop to speak of. Then went on Coosawattee, fields didn't make a crop except for weeds. Then went to Berry College. Gate was closed. Decided to not walk in and look. I don`t trust gate to be open in the morning, and don`t figure the fields are good , either. Went home. I put my two points on Dawson Forest, with no results. Miss Pinelog.

I appreciate the intel. I was thinking of trying McEntire or Berry but sounds like they would be a bust. I agree on missing Pinelog ive been going dove hunting there since I was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom