• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dove Shoots 2023

They have become a money magnet around here,I shoot on a private shoot on Sunday afternoon of opening weekend and that’s it.they wanting 150-250 to sit and shoot a couple boxes of shells if you lucky.

It puzzles me how many people think it’s a joke to sit on a descent dove shoot for $100 a day but will readily pay 250 a day to hunt ducks somewhere 6-10 hrs away from home. Then there are those who will put in for a draw tag for countless big game species in different states that cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars without complaint.
It all comes down to personal preference in what games you like to play and what species you like to target. None of us hunt for sustenance anymore. It’s all for enjoyment of the game and the outdoors. To call dove fields a money game is just silly and disingenuous. It a simple supply and demand issue and if you don’t like the price then keep your money in your billfold and go to deer camp instead.

It puzzles me how many people think it’s a joke to sit on a descent dove shoot for $100 a day but will readily pay 250 a day to hunt ducks somewhere 6-10 hrs away from home. Then there are those who will put in for a draw tag for countless big game species in different states that cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars without complaint.
It all comes down to personal preference in what games you like to play and what species you like to target. None of us hunt for sustenance anymore. It’s all for enjoyment of the game and the outdoors. To call dove fields a money game is just silly and disingenuous. It a simple supply and demand issue and if you don’t like the price then keep your money in your billfold and go to deer camp instead.
Tried the quota hunt at clybel last year and it was a joke. Didn’t fire a shot. I’ll be headed to deer camp to shoot a couple cutovers

1725E61D-2966-47BF-B916-A9204D60BA83.jpeg

This was about 4G’s to put in not counting tractor, fuel, or time…. They came out the best! This year I did millet and a sliver of Sunflowers… Not sure what will happen after the hurricane rolls thru…

Back
Top Bottom