• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

DPMS LR 308 w/24" and Vortex Viper HS 6-24x50

Smokin and good luck. Now if loading components will just stabilize a little more so they can be had on a regular basis. Never thought I'd see anything like this last drought where a fella couldn't put together his favorite handload.

I'm good with everything I need for this load other than the bullet itself, but yeah, this crap about not being able to find components is getting OLD.

Update:

Finally got all my ducks in a row and got back to the range to do some serious load development. It took a bit of work, but I found an outstanding load for this rifle.

Three shot groups of 0.196 MOA. That's less than a quarter of an inch at 100 yards, boys and girls! The bullet it prefers most is the Nosler 180 grain Ballistic Tip on top 44.0 grains of Varget. They are running 2579fps at the muzzle, so this is a 1000 yard load. I'm a very happy with how this has turned out and will be hitting some competitions with this rig latter in the year. Wish me luck!

Awesome!:thumb:

Yeah, I was just a little excited when it started printing those groups.

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."
Townsend Whelen

I'll add:
The more accurate, the more interesting. This is now a VERY interesting rifle. Especially since it's doing it with a bullet suitable for hunting. I wonder if there's anywhere in Georgia to hunt hogs at 800 yards. Hmmm.

Back
Top Bottom