• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dream fishing trips

You bring the rope and you wear a life jacket, and I would like to watch it, we can make a great video! Haha, in seriousness handlining should be easier, It is just that the drag system is questionable.
We caught this one on my boat black Friday or so. I have a hard time trying to convince my friends to try!!!

My Dad once hooked into a huge Tarpon on a hand line. It broke the line and he said he was glad. He thought that thing was going to kill him!

I live on the coast and can catch sharks all summer. I've yet to tie into a tarpon. I'm going to try this summer. Fall down here is giant redfish heaven. I went to Costa Rica with buddies some years back to catch Sailfish. As luck would have it there was a red tide and no fish of any sort. I'd like to go back.
"live on the coast" where?? Just curious.. I've hooked up with all kinds of stuff off the shore of Jekyll. Still trying to get one of those tarpon from the beach, that is a serious challenge!!

I ran charters out of Destin for 25 years, have sold boat and living in the 30157 now, I have no boat, but did save 2 spinning rods, that I’ve caught sail fish on, would be perfect for cat fish, wouldn’t mind trying a little bit of fresh water fishing although it’s been a long time!

What’s y’all’s dream fishing trips? I have 3 that I haven’t been able to do yet and one of them is very far fetched due to location.

No 1 on my list is catching a Goliath grouper 100lbs plus

No 2 on my list is going to South America and fishing for monster peacock bass

No 3 and far fetched but a bucket list trip is going to the coast of South Africa (Cape Town maybe?) and fishing for GT.

what’s your fishing dream trips, maybe you’ve done them maybe not. What say ye?
Just glad to be out of atlanta, In Biloxi for 5 days but weather & tables not cooperating.

Attachments

• 184B39F0-8EC2-43ED-957C-0F9202CB3DF2.jpeg
    184B39F0-8EC2-43ED-957C-0F9202CB3DF2.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 104C2D0F-1057-443B-8A05-508CFD999433.jpeg
    104C2D0F-1057-443B-8A05-508CFD999433.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 4
What’s y’all’s dream fishing trips? I have 3 that I haven’t been able to do yet and one of them is very far fetched due to location.

No 1 on my list is catching a Goliath grouper 100lbs plus

No 2 on my list is going to South America and fishing for monster peacock bass

No 3 and far fetched but a bucket list trip is going to the coast of South Africa (Cape Town maybe?) and fishing for GT.

what’s your fishing dream trips, maybe you’ve done them maybe not. What say ye?
Amazon river fishing for peacock and any of the monster catfish species is definitely my #1. #2 Goliath grouper and trophy class tarpons. Then probably reef fishing of the coast of Australia.

Back
Top Bottom