• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dream fishing trips

Tigerfishing on the Congo River; those things are nasty-looking!

Attachments

• ADB52D9E-219D-452D-8507-52764AE18DC8.jpeg
    ADB52D9E-219D-452D-8507-52764AE18DC8.jpeg
    21.4 KB · Views: 18
I'd like to do big tuna, Revillagigedo Islands 200 miles off Cabo San Lucas.

I caught 2 Black Marlins on a day boat off of Cancun last year.

Just in terms of fun. A15-pound yellowtail is just is a hell of a fight. I've been spooled more than once by a yellowtail.

I live on the coast and can catch sharks all summer. I've yet to tie into a tarpon. I'm going to try this summer. Fall down here is giant redfish heaven. I went to Costa Rica with buddies some years back to catch Sailfish. As luck would have it there was a red tide and no fish of any sort. I'd like to go back.

I have been fortunate enough t fish many places. I have deck handed out of Venice, La with a top tuna captain.

1) Venice La is hard to beat. Everyone should go tuna fishing at least once. I know the inshore is great too, but there is only so many places in the world like offshore of Venice!
2) San Diego, long range 15 day trip. Check out the video "Big Boat Big Fish"
3) Alaska for halibut, then river fishing for salmon!
4) Nova Scotia for giant bluefin tuna. (See a pattern here, I like catching tuna.)
5) Amazon River
6) Nomad boat in the coral sea throwing poppers.

Striped bass fishing around Atlanta can be world class at times.
M.R. River Fishing
Matthew Robinson
www.gariverfishing.com
770-616-3865
https://www.instagram.com/captainmattrobinson/

What’s y’all’s dream fishing trips? I have 3 that I haven’t been able to do yet and one of them is very far fetched due to location.

No 1 on my list is catching a Goliath grouper 100lbs plus

No 2 on my list is going to South America and fishing for monster peacock bass

No 3 and far fetched but a bucket list trip is going to the coast of South Africa (Cape Town maybe?) and fishing for GT.

what’s your fishing dream trips, maybe you’ve done them maybe not. What say ye?
If you ever make your way near St. George island, Florida / Indian pass, we can get that Goliath pretty easy.

I’d like to handline a Goliath.
You bring the rope and you wear a life jacket, and I would like to watch it, we can make a great video! Haha, in seriousness handlining should be easier, It is just that the drag system is questionable.
We caught this one on my boat black Friday or so. I have a hard time trying to convince my friends to try!!!

Back
Top Bottom