• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Drs block your right to carry ? Who defines mental illness ? Must read

Interesting read.If you have the wrong M.D your rights would be stripped.
The article didn't go in depth on requirements for mental health patients.
Does it mean if you're suffering from depression,PTSD or have schizophrenia.
Too vague of a term (mental illness)describing one's health.

The way I am seeing this from all the reading I have done. If you have ever taken an aspirin, they want your gun(s).

This is the worst thing that a gun owner would want to hear.Ha our doctors ever really listened to what we tell them. I am a victim of adoctor reporting misinformation about me. I was at a scheduled VA exam. And thedoctor asked me “who pays my house hold and monthly bills.” I told him this “mywife does because I am a buyer for the DOD and I spend money all day and she isa stay at home mom and she has more time in the day to do it than I do.” Wellthat is not how it was reported. All he stated is that I do not pay my ownbills. So a few months pass and I get a nice letter for the Dept of VeteransAffairs that is informing me that I am considered finiancially incompetant, andI am nolonger able to have a firearm or have ammo for a fire arm and I need toturn them in. I was shocked at what I was reading. So I spent the next day onthe phone. I called every dumb ass in the VA who was not able to give me anyinformation. I did find one peoson who gave me a name of a department but theycould not give me a phone nimer. So I spent the next two days looking up theFiduciary Office that handels the Atlant regional Office. And that office in inColumbia SC. I called them and they were supprised to find out that I was ableto locate their office nimber. I told them I would keep calling becasuse I hada bad medical diagnosis that has put my job into jeopardy due to my securityclearance because I am a buyer. To cut this short I took me over two years toget it fixxed because noone is able to help, this is something you will have tofight all on your own. We can not allow this to pass.

Interesting read.If you have the wrong M.D your rights would be stripped.
The article didn't go in depth on requirements for mental health patients.
Does it mean if you're suffering from depression,PTSD or have schizophrenia.
Too vague of a term (mental illness)describing one's health.

The way I am seeing this from all the reading I have done. If you have ever taken an aspirin, they want your gun(s).

And if your spouse suffers or has suffered from depression they can use that as an excuse to strip you of your rights, and your guns.

Back
Top Bottom